lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: My 98 DS resurrection

Thanks :) if you look really hard at just the right angle, you can sorta see it, but you have to be right on it, and at just the right angle with the light/reflection in just the right place. I like metallic paint because it also helps to cover some of the little things you sometimes miss with the prep work.

Kinda getting excited to see what it looks like when the rear body is done and it's got real seats. I'll have to grab a picture of what the seat in this REALLY is lol. I have to give them creativity points...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just pulled off the muffler. Just scraping out the very end with a screwdriver I've got a pile of crud about 6" around and 2" tall. And the other muffler I have is for a FE290 which is apparently different.

Grab your marshmallows kids, we gonna a be bbq'in a muffler tomorrow.

Not sure why I cant just set it outside on the ground for the day. With the weather weve been having lately, that would probably create more heat than I could get in a fire pit
Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just clocked out for the day and couldnt wait ti get this fire roasting. Have a good 8-10" of flames coming out of the pipe on one end, and good amount of smoke coming out the other. Once the flames go out I'll pull it out and call it good.

Edit. Blowing it out both ends now

I've never seen a 4 cycle muffler bbq like this, its rivaling 2 strokes at this point. And I've bbq's some pretty gnarly honda mufflers...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190715_154230.jpg (625.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190715_154916.jpg (619.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #24
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well it should be able to breathe now I would think! Geesh!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #25
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

gives a WHOLE new meaning to what you smoking...
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

lol yes. Glad I live out in the country... city folk might not appreciate the amount of smoke that came out of this thing

I ran it in neutral for a good 10 minutes or so today and blew/burned out whatever soot was left. There's still a *Very* light bit of smoke left over but that should go away once I'm able to drive it around. Unlike an ezgo TXT, when the rear body is off of this thing there's nowhere to sit! But that's going to change soon :)

UPS man brought gifts today, new seat bottom, and a new front bumper since the old one was completely gone. The white seats should go nicely with the blue.

Speaking of blue, paint is done Brought it outside today to make sure there were no runs I missed last night, and make sure everything was nice and even. She's ready for clearcoat now. I'll spray that tonight, and start wet sanding and buffing the cowl. I should be about ready to put it all back together this weekend. Probably leave the roof off for now, still gotta order a lift kit, wheels, and tires It's a lot easier to install the front lift with the cowl off. Rear isn't a big deal, and I still have to fix up the flip seat as well. It's in good shape, just needs the platform cleaned and a seat bottom cushion. light kit too, don't want to forget that. I got some shopping to do lol

and yes, the bed in my carryall is beat up pretty good, need to touch up the belinder. It gets used regularly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190716_141922.jpg (479.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190716_141944.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #27
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Look up Monsta-liner for the bed of your carryall. It's the real deal, no joke, tough as nails bed liner. Might need some extra prep work to get the old stuff off of yours, but the mosta-liner wont chip like that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Thanks, I'll look into it. I just used the cheap rustoleum stuff. It's actually held up surprisingly well considering the amount of t-posts, cinder blocks, tools, and etc. I throw in there.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Got the body cleared last night, and pulled it out in the sun to bake for the day. Think my HVLP gun may be a goner, after I finished spraying the clear last night I realized the last time I used the acetone I didn't get the lid clicked all the way on and it all evaporated I'll pick some up today, take it apart and hopefully it's not gunked up too bad in there.

At least I finished what I needed to do I'll wet sand and buff the front cowl tonight. If the rear body is cured by then I'll do that too. But I don't want to mess with that until it passes the fingernail test. Not gonna rush it, lights are showing up on Friday so I don't want to put the body back on until they're here anyway, easier to route the harness. Still gotta clean up the frame too. It's got a lot of staining. Going to try the meguiars wheel cleaner (the acid stuff) and see if that works. I've had great luck with that on ATV engines that get all stained reddish/brown from the nasty mud here.

Have to decide on what I want to do with lift/wheels/tires. Might have to photoshop some stuff, I've done several of the 6" lifts and kinda want to do something different... I really like the way the stock DS rides (not THIS one because there's no bushings left, but speaking in general), they ride like a cadillac. Once you get them lifted they still ride good, but it's noticeably stiffer. So may change up my game plan here and opt for a smaller lift/tires. I'll play around with photoshop and see what I like best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190717_091528.jpg (642.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #30
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car