lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO RXV Charge Receptacle

I know its been asked numerous times but I have RXV's that when the charge port gets wet they won't move, and I realize the charge port is to blame.

My question is if I replace these receptacles with new ones, will that help or keep this from happening after replacing them, or will this happen with brand new receptacles? Is this a design issue or a failure of seals or function of the port?

I don't mind spending money on them just wanted to be sure this is a fix before doing so.

Any input is appreciated.
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Charge Receptacle

There is a circuit board inside the 48V triangular charging port that sends battery pack voltage to the controller on the blue wire. This is the electronic reincarnation of the old reed switch, which disabled the controller when a battery charger was attached.

The circuit board is supposed to be waterproofed by being encased in a potting compound, but it appears not to be all that effective in all cases.

You can solve the getting wet problem by connecting the wire to the controller that connects to the blue wire, to a battery pack voltage source. However, the cart will then run when connected to a charger.

Otherwise, the only fix is a new charger port assembly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Do the aftermarket charger receptacles I see on Amazon and Ebay work ok for this?
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanwood74 View Post
Do the aftermarket charger receptacles I see on Amazon and Ebay work ok for this?
Read the ratings and questions for the ones sold by Amazon. If they didn't work, that would be mentioned there.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO