lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

Default 8 volt club car batteries

48 volt golf cart batteries. 5 reading 8.1 and 1 of them reading 7.1 is that considered a bad battery
Shooter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 8 volt club car batteries

Yes, actually all of these readings are very low. Do they all have water in them above plates? Have these been charged lately? How old are these? Can you give us a little more information about them? Must be a reason why that battery is so far off voltage from the rest.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

I had it sitting in garage with new batteries for about 2 months and the kids would use it every now and then going around the block. But my on cart digital voltage meter was always reading above 50 and while driving down to 48 or 49 so I figured I didn’t have to charge yet. Now the meter read 48 and when drive drops to 36 and the cart was not going as fast so I figured it was time to charge. But now charger clicks on and clicks off and it won’t start the charge sequence. So I was wondering if my new batteries have gone bad or got to low to charge with an automatic charger
Shooter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Oh no, I hope you haven't ruined your batteries. First thing to do if you don't have a regular car charger, is to take batteries to someone that has a charger that will charge the batteries to a point that your auto charger will "recognize" your batteries. You should ALWAYS charge your cart after each use. Look under the "stickies" on the Home button and learn as much as you can about battery maintainance and care. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Also, this thread may help:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=174233
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:18 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You should still have plenty enough pack voltage for the charger to recognize the pack and charge it.

Where is the RED wire from your charge receptacle connected to the pack? It should be to the same post as the main positive cable.

What year and what cart? DS? Precedent?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car