lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
jackmc1
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlights dead on 89 DS Club Car

My wife accidentally left the lights on and ran down the battery on my 1989 DS Gas Club Car. Now, since I charged the battery the headlights don't work. I have opened the dash panel and the fuses there are all good. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for an 89 DS that includes the headlights?
jackmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
jackmc1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headlights dead on 89 DS Club Car

Perhaps more information would help. Further testing has revealed that I have 12 volt power to the headlamps and the problem seems to be in the return/grounding circuit. Any ideas somebody??
Old 10-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a manual that covers 88 to 91, unfortunately it has absolutely nothing about the headlight wiring in it. See if you can trace the wiring for the headlights and find the ground to see if you can find a bad connection. Or you could run a new wire from the source of the ground and hook it to the battery ground and see if that corrects the problem. I had to do that with my tachometer over the weekend. It was grounded to the frame but for some reason the only fix was to run a new ground to the battery.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when you changed the battery what extra wires were bolted on terminals? it sounds like you either left a wire off or perhaps broke one while changing battery.........trace your wires you,ll find problem.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
jackmc1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. It sounds like the running of a new wire is my solution. I'll let you all know what happens. I'm busy with other things this morning but will try this early this afternoon. == Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car