lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My Marathon Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgonzal View Post
Oh believe me, they are not perfect. If you get up close you can see where I messed up. But from 10 feet I think it looks pretty darn good! I have to thank Dunstan Graffix for making the stripes, you can do whatever size, color, and lettering for a great price.
those are cool I'll have to look them up do they do other body graphix as well ? I'm getting ready to start a new project on an 87 that was left in a field for about 6 years.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #22
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure....looking on their website most of their stuff is rim stripes and tank pads for motorcycles, but if you shoot them an email they may be able to help you out.
jcgonzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
Queen Bee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice work, Love the Red Frame
Queen Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Been working on the motor a bit, and found out that I have points instead of the newer style pulsar. It was running when I took it apart, so should I just clean everything up, set the gap, and run with it? Replace parts? Or is there possibly a conversion kit to update to the newer system?

At least the flywheel came off with little resistance, I used all the tricks I've read here and they obviously worked! Another hurdle is a big chunk of metal that holds the fan shroud to the block just snapped off.....great.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #25
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah, and I forgot to ask: What method do people use to split the cases, other than a press?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
racin161
Gone Wild

WOW !! well here we go. First I don't know of a conversion built for this engine but have done some browsing and found a way I THINK but I wanted to try it first and haven't got around to it. Could may give you info later if you would like to try but that's later. Now behind your points plate should be your generator brushes you may want to at least check them or replace them while your there. I would remove the two screws after marking the plate assy. with a center punch or a small chisel so it can be adjusted to the same exact position when re installing as this is your timing and YOU DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT. Install new points and condenser and gap at .018 after running a bit it will wear in and your point gap will rest at .015 OK.Now the broken part ! Your going to have it TIG welded. Take the shield and the broken part to a welding shop so it can repositioned and welded. Save your self some $$ and at least have the parts clean because I own a welding shop and I'm happy to clean your parts for extra $$$ but prefer NOT to handle all all the gunk and aluminum has to be CLEAN K. Hope this helps for a starter.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Getting closer! Finally got the cart into rolling chassis.....still want to find a newer rear end, but the old one is back on for now. Still need to hook up the brakes and cables, but at least I can push it around the garage again. I got the engine welded up, should be good to go. Everything is cleaned up, just need to borrow a torque wrench before starting reassembly. Will be buying new points and condenser before buttoning it all up.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #28
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking Great Have you had any thoughts on what your going to do for the body yet?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #29
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got a few ideas running through my head. Right now I'm thinking I'll either paint it with undercoating, which is what I used on the floorboard, or get it sandblasted and then powder coated a black texture. I think either would look mean and be pretty durable.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #30
firecart1
Getting Wild

Looking good!! VERY CLEAN!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO