lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Just a little more speed

Took my 01 CC I just bought to the dragstrip this weekend and it worked great running around the track except it's a little slow. My daughter thinks it's real slow. Is there anything to pick it up a little on top end without spending a ton or over reving the eng? Can you adjust the gov to pick it up some but still have some kinda limit? Whatever I do I want to keep it smooth on bottom end. I just want to be able to get out of it's own way, right now I kinda agree with my daughter, it's slow!
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Default Re: Just a little more speed

Check out the Stickies on the home page under gas club car
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
VHT
Not Yet Wild

I was looking at them, thought I might do the clutch and hub deal this winter, but need a little for something right now. My understanding is on the gov, you either have it or you don't? I planned on doing the K+N filter.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHT View Post
I was looking at them, thought I might do the clutch and hub deal this winter, but need a little for something right now. My understanding is on the gov, you either have it or you don't? I planned on doing the K+N filter.

I haven't tried the K&n filter Don but I have gone hog wild with the governor and RPM limiter and also tried running a shorter belt (3/4") Night and day performance difference and your cost is maybe $30 ? It's enough to get an( out of warranty) cart to nudge 25+ mph which to my mind at least is a considerable improvement on the 19.2 figure quoted earlier in this thread.. I run a tach it must be said and don't often run past 4000 rpm's with the occasional blast to 4700 or so which the motor handles easily enough.,. Make your own mind up; If you own a newer cart and want the CC warranty you can likely afford to spring for the extra 4.2mph. But if you don't have a warranty, spend considerably less than the arrogant amount of money that CC deem justifiable to gain what ?

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with Faster, Loosen the nut on the gov. and spray with lub. adjust all your cables to carb for maximum response. I left the rev limit in tacked so I don't worry about the over reving issue. change the belt out to a Napa Gates sport duty belt #6013 I think is the number and you will see a totally different cart.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
change the belt out to a Napa Gates sport duty belt #6013 I think is the number
Are you sure on that number...........

I don't think I ever replied to the other thread I asked you that on but I loved your response. Thanks for the info by the way
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not trying to hijack the thread here but had a quick question... I've got a '99 DS and I've been considering ways to speed it up. I read the sticky and i'm interested in trying to zip ties on the gov spring. If i just do that mod, do I need a tach? I'm looking for a way to speed it up without pushing it to the limits.
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
VHT
Not Yet Wild

I'll try loosening the gov and the 6013 belt. May put the k+n filter on that goes directly on the carb. I guess on the cables, you just make sure there is no slack, right? I'll ck with Napa tomorrow on that belt and see if they can come up with that 6013 no. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
Are you sure on that number...........

I don't think I ever replied to the other thread I asked you that on but I loved your response. Thanks for the info by the way
Iam 99% sure "Only fools are 100% sure" but it should be 6013 and you can go on their web site and it will give you the lengths. It is about 1" shorter and just slightly wider but the width could be from the wear on my old belt.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

Doc, with your govenor undone but the rev limiter still intact how often do you hit the limiter? I like that idea and I figure if I do that (along with the belt and driven spring) but be smart about how much foot I put to it I should be able to get the speed I want for cruising and still say off the limiter pretty easily.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car