lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 club car. will idle but dies when try to accelerate.

I would have but at the moment I only have my phone for internet and for some reason it won't let me search. But now I got more problems. Now I lost spark. no wonder I got this for free. Its been a nightmare
biker20099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

If I take ths spark plug end off and hold the wire to the engine I get a weak spark. Rpm limiter already disconnected. New ignitor as of yesterday. Got the cart with new coil already installed
Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Whats your igniter spacing? Also, did you get a new cap? Another possible cause, how is your flywheel look? Rust On your magnet will cause less induction resulting in weak sparks
Mishael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

I cleaned the magnet, nice and shiny. What do you mean about ignitor spacing. It held on by one screw. Not really adjustable
Old 05-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Igniter spacing is measured in thousandths of inches. Space it between .011" and .014". Use 3 or 4 sheets of plain copy paper (20 lb)
Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #16
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

Are you talking about the coil. I can't adjust it. Two bolts hold it on so you can't move it. Unless i'm missing something
Old 05-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Trust me. It's adjustable. Rotate your flywheel so that the magnet is right below the coil, loose The bolts, and slip some paper beneath it. Then tighten the bolts. The Kawasaki coils don't have the oblong holes like most small engine coils have because they fit on one type of engine so the adjustment tolerance is much less. try it. I work on cart fleets and I've worked with small engines for ten years. Even though the holes don't seem like they have any room for adjustment, thousandths of inch adjustments are easily achievable
Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishael View Post
Trust me. It's adjustable. Rotate your flywheel so that the magnet is right below the coil, loose The bolts, and slip some paper beneath it. Then tighten the bolts. The Kawasaki coils don't have the oblong holes like most small engine coils have because they fit on one type of engine so the adjustment tolerance is much less. try it. I work on cart fleets and I've worked with small engines for ten years. Even though the holes don't seem like they have any room for adjustment, thousandths of inch adjustments are easily achievable
All the coils I have fitted have zero room for adjustment. Sure, I have seen variances up to 4-5 thou" but adjustment ? Very little, maybe 1 thou without filing the holes but that's it. I prefer to get them to around 14 thou to prevent interference from the flywheel crud but that's it. No more.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

The maintenance supplement for 95-96 says .011" gap. I know it's not the same year as your cart but small engInes in general have spark tolerances in thousandths of inches and they really matter. Anything above .014 I find doesn't spark consistantly or even at all
Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

So I have been screwing around with the gap for a couple days now. Still nothing. Now I have lost complete spark. I'm thinking the new coil is junk. Is there anyway to test the coil before I just go throwing parts at it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car