lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #21
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1992 club car. will idle but dies when try to accelerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker20099 View Post
So I have been screwing around with the gap for a couple days now. Still nothing. Now I have lost complete spark. I'm thinking the new coil is junk. Is there anyway to test the coil before I just go throwing parts at it
Could be your new coil is junk, you won't be the first. The coils are hit and miss to say the least

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Just had one last week that was garbage right out of the box. Later today when I have some time I can check the manual to see what the exact test procedure is for a coil. It requires a multimeter or an ohmmeter capable of 200 and 20k settings
Mishael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thousands of carts and have never ever adjusted a coil......92 you only have so many things that are make it spark or not, did you clean the area where the coil sits? plug wire and end good? it fits on plug nice and snug?.....spark plug good? buying a new coil is a crap shoot at best but the 92,s the coils were purty bulletproof.....why did you eliminate rpm limitor? was it bad? and what type of ignitor did you get? one for a cart.........its one of the things here you need to take your time and make certain you are dealing with good parts.......if your bench testing any of them and they are showing good so your assuming good bench testing is also a crapshoot at best theres no real way to bench test these things........sad as it is its buy new and install if it works leave it in........................take your time and go over everything and don,t pass up the small stuff like plug wire and end............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

Well I eliminated it to check it. No difference on or off. I replaced ignitor cause after reading forum after forum it seemed like the logical thing to replace. No difference for the first week of hire it ran would idle all day long but when tried to accelerate it would die out. Now after trying to adjust the chill numerous times I get no spark at all. The plug snaps on nice and tight. But I guess I haven't ohmned it out to check for resistence.
biker20099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
Scottsu150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

how dirty is the engine compartment of this cart? I had the same problem that you started out with, the cart would idle but not "rev up". I ended up replacing the fuel pump and that fixed it for awhile, then it started doing the same thing,replaced fuel pump again, then I talked to someone about how this pump works, I was told it "needs to breath" and that there is a brass filter that plugs up in dusty conditions. Now once a month I hit it with a blow gun, engine stays clean and I dont get left in the woods. Good luck with the repair!
Scottsu150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #26
biker20099
Not Yet Wild

Well thank you everyone for the help. I finally figured it out. I knew the cart was all wired goofy. So I just sat down and started on getting the wiring all back to stock.well in the process of doing this I found the kill wire the one that goes to the micro switch was rubbed through on the motor mount. So my guess is that st idle the wire didn't ground out but the instant you hit the gas and made the motor vibrate it grounded out the coil and shut it down. The cart runs and drives great right now. Niue to fix the body and everything else.
biker20099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car