lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some help, again

I put zip ties on my gov spring and as I stated in another thread it helped alot. I left the rpm deal alone, and now you get up to a certain speed and it shuts down, you back off a little bit and off it goes again. I didn't think much about it but we broke in the race car and my daughter had to come clear on the other side of the track and get me and as she put it, it sucked. Most of the time we don't need that much speed but when something like that happens, you need to be there a little quicker. Would it help to just loosen the nut on the gov or should I unhook the rpm limiter? We won't be running wide open and me, my daughter, or my wife will be the only drivers so I'm not worried about doing damage. If I unhook the limiter on this 01, which wire in the black box do I unhook? It looks like a solenoid and a switch in the black plastic box I seen. Give me some help here please.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some help, again

Vht, Try setting the zip ties a little looser so it runs out just under the limiter.
God forbid you have a wreck or fire and one of your ladies floors it and halve way to you it flips the rod. Just my thoughts.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Just unhook the limiter wire, instant top speed bur beware, it will rev up with no limits. Add a tach to see where you are going with your motor. There is no fun in spinning a rod or busting valves.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Just unhook ground wire at the black box by the breather box?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHT View Post
Just unhook ground wire at the black box by the breather box?
Yep, be careful though, you are now in full flight mode and you may over rev the motor.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Cut the grd wire that went out of the box and over to the frame. Only grd I seen, we'll try it this weekend. I may put that on a toggle switch, that way I could keep the limiter most of the time.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm guessing you may have cut the wrong ground wire,
Looking at the OHV on the valve cover... directly below it, towards the bottom of the engine,
just above the oil drain plug is the rev limiter, (#22) the ground wire is attached the the left mounting bolt with an eye loop. (at #1)

I suggest that you cut your zip tie and reinstall a looser one to keep from hitting the rev limiter at all...
continually hitting the rev limiter, and/or, over reving your engine without a rev limiter could damage your engine either way!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Lockman1, looks like it is a 10 mm, socket size, bolt and I think brown in color from what I can see. We don't run this cart wide open, there's people and vehicles around. The problem is when you slow down for somebody and get back in the throttle it shuts down and you have to let up on it and ease into it. About the time you get a little speed up you have to stop or slow down for someone else. My old ezgo would probrably run 22 to 24 mph but you would never see that around the track. I just want to be able to take off and hold a steady speed without this thing shutting down. With the limiter you could gradually get up to speed and hold it as long as you didn't have to slow down or stop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car