lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48 V Club Car Motor part

I have an older 48V Club Car Electric. It vibrates when I drive it. Problem is inside the electric motor. The backing plate is worn and the bearing (although seemingly good) no longer fits snuggly into the backing plate of the motor. I need a new backing plate. Anybody have a worn out motor that will send me the backing plate? With the motor out there ar 4 long bolts holding the backing plate on and two screws in the middle. The the plate will come off using a chisel/screwdriver and tapping with a small hammer. Plate is about 8 inches in diameter.

I know, you just threw it away.

Arghhh!
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Highster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48 V Club Car Motor part

Not saying it's a fix all,

But one fix i have used many times in the past, on lot bigger motors, is remove the end bell, take a center punch, and punch about 6-8 indents inside of the end bell, where the bearing sits. Then before installing the bearing, coat the inside of end bell, where the bearing sits, with blue locktite, then install the bearing, and reassemble the motor.

I have used this fix on up to 400 hp industrial motors, that ran 24/7 for years after.
Highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I was told this by a neighbor and I thought that would be too simple. I'm going to try it and I'll email back how it goes. I think I will use a new bearing just to be sure.

Thanks for now!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
Highster
Not Yet Wild

I agree on the new bearing, and yes it does work. If it's not too badly worn.
Highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I handed this off to a professional in the motor business. He told me that it was too worn and so is going to put .003" brass shim all around the inside of the end cap bearing area and see if he can get the plate back on the motor with a new bearing. I'll let you know how this works in a later reply but thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
churchman
Getting Wild

Club Car

Don't know how it works here, but I have a low hour 2003 48v sitting under my work bench. PM me if interested, I also have the controller for it.
churchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm interested. Would take controller too if inexpensive. Motor is all that is the problem. I would just keep controller in case it ever went out. Let me know a price of the motor and price of controller and we'll go from there. I know shipping will be a bit of a bugger as they are heavy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car