lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
gasman344
Not Yet Wild

Default Brew Your Own vs Custom Built

I am new to golf carts and LSVs. I just purchased a 2015 Precedent with original batteries. I am mulling over switching to lithium and it seems that a lot of owners prefer converting Nissan or Chevy surplus batteries versus a turnkey solution. Is this due to cost savings or just b/c it’s way more fun to brew your own battery system? I found a company in CA (aegisbattery) that can supply a 48v, 60Ah system (BMS built into the battery pack) for about twice the price ($1800 w/ charger) of lead acid batteries. (I’ve seen other turnkey systems and they seem to average $30/Ah). Wondering what you folks think. Thx.
gasman344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2020, 12:26 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Brew Your Own vs Custom Built

Most here use Nissan Leafs and you get ~60ah and 58.8v with 7 modules. Prices very but it is mostly based on what you can get the modules for, and then the type of BMS and charger you select.

If you look through this forum, you will find a lot of builds that include links and costs.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
gasman344
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Nole. Complete newbie when it comes to this. Been reading the threads, looks like a custom system is the way to go in terms of performance and cost.
gasman344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with Nole. Most of the drop ins are not going to have a very high "maximum amp discharge". So in terms of performance, brew your own is the way to go. As for cost, I think that is a "to be determined" in time. Along with what BMS you go with.

I was completely ignorant when I did my build. Only with research and help from folks on this forum was I able to get it done. Take your time researching and plan ahead before making any purchases would be my advice.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car