lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #301
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: OBC Bypass ~ Technnical Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
When the site got updated a few weeks ago they lost the redirector code that composed those links, the data is there in the URL but it needs to be rearranged, anyway, here is the new version of the link:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...&d=d1432906183
Thank you!!
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 07:40 PM   #302
buggieman.eric
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

I have an early 2014 Club Car Precedent. What do I need to do in order to properly bypass the OBC and have everything function accordingly?
buggieman.eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:13 PM   #303
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Got to the OBC, cut the two Black (2) 10g wires away from the OBC, butt connect them together with a Yellow butt connector, then unplug the OBC harness and on the cart side connector cut and splice together the Blue wire and White wire. You can also jumper the pins in the connector if you prefer. You are fully bypassed and will work with a smart charger. If you want to remove the OBC, then remove the #6 cable from B- and pull it thru the OBC (you will have to take two pair of needle nose pliers and bend the lug like a "U") and then reconnect it to B-. The Grey sense wire can be disconnected at the fuse or cut and removed or rolled up and ty-wrapped to the back of the charge receptacle.

That is it, remove it and toss it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #304
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
All model years of the Series carts, the OBC provided the negative side for the Solenoid on the Yellow wire.
95-03 Series DS wiring Diagram
You need to run the Yellow wire that is connected to the solenoid small post directly to Controller B- or pack negative.

You need to run the black 10ga negative wire from the back of the charger receptacle directly to pack negative.
I have a 95 DS. I get the yellow wire portion of this but I am a little confused after scrolling through because I’ve seen another post saying use the gray “fused” wire. Can someone help me out here before I screw something up 😂 Am I supposed to use the gray or black coming from the charger port?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8F18CF96-E852-4E97-9D07-ADD07FD754B6.jpg (71.4 KB, 0 views)
Jbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #305
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
I have a 95 DS. I get the yellow wire portion of this but I am a little confused after scrolling through because I’ve seen another post saying use the gray “fused” wire. Can someone help me out here before I screw something up 😂 Am I supposed to use the gray or black coming from the charger port?
The yellow wire will go from either pack negative or B- at the controller to the negative small post of the solenoid.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:33 PM   #306
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
The yellow wire will go from either pack negative or B- at the controller to the negative small post of the solenoid.
What do I do with the 10ga? Just run it directly to the negative thermal on the battery where it connects to the cart? Do I do anything with the gray wire or just leave it alone and just do the switch with the yellow and black wires?
Jbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #307
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
What do I do with the 10ga? Just run it directly to the negative thermal on the battery where it connects to the cart? Do I do anything with the gray wire or just leave it alone and just do the switch with the yellow and black wires?
Unplug the grey wire and get rid of it. Let's go back to your other thread and not clutter this sticky resource.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #308
Gerhardtv123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Got to the OBC, cut the two Black (2) 10g wires away from the OBC, butt connect them together with a Yellow butt connector, then unplug the OBC harness and on the cart side connector cut and splice together the Blue wire and White wire. You can also jumper the pins in the connector if you prefer. You are fully bypassed and will work with a smart charger. If you want to remove the OBC, then remove the #6 cable from B- and pull it thru the OBC (you will have to take two pair of needle nose pliers and bend the lug like a "U") and then reconnect it to B-. The Grey sense wire can be disconnected at the fuse or cut and removed or rolled up and ty-wrapped to the back of the charge receptacle.

hi does this apply to my 2006 cart as well?
Gerhardtv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #309
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If this is a Regen/Sepex cart (Fwd/Rev Rocker switch), then yes.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #310
Gerhardtv123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

Hi, my cart is a 2006 model with x4 12v batteries, and a curtis motor controller, please walk me through step by step, the sticky and technical references to the various different combinations has me confused. I watched the do it yourself golf cart instruction on you tube, he says to simply take the negative wire form the obc to the battery?
Gerhardtv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car