lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #11
dawrench
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric to Gas Conversion High RPM and really slow speed

The cart has forward and reverse, Reverse is much slower than forward.
dawrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #12
dawrench
Not Yet Wild

The rear end appears it is facing up instead of flat. I will count the teeth tomorrow and take a better picture of the rear end, Appreciate everyone's help.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #13
dawrench
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Some of those don't like to shift all the way at 3600 rpm, you need to tweek the governor to 4K and then they work better. This may or may not be your issue. The belt can be wrong size or width or too tight. It should have some slack at rest. Clutch looks pretty new and clean, I would look at other things before the clutch. Clutch can be broken inside or was never set up correctly.
Thanks! The belt is pretty tight at rest, is there a way to adjust it. Also I will take a look at the governor tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:50 AM   #14
dawrench
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
I can't tell for certain from the angle, but it looks like the belt isn't riding up very high on the primary clutch. Either put it in neutral and rev the engine to see how high it rides or take a marker and color in a portion of one of the clutch sheaves and ride it around. Any marker that is left behind tells you were the belt stops.
I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Removed the clutch and disassembled to find the cam roller outside of the guide. Also measured the pulley and center diameter to verify the correct belt was installed. With a 7 1/2 pulley and center distance of 8 3/16 calls for a 203785 belt and the next size down was installed 203784 making the belt pretty tight.

I fixed the clutch and lubricated, also ordered the correct belt. Being I have to wait for the belt I went ahead and ordered a new clutch and torque converter just in case I need it. Once I get them installed will run the cart and see how the torque and top speed pans out and go from there on gearing. More to come....

Appreciate the help!

Tags
18hp, duramax, ezgo, slipping, torque converter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!