lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #91
Pghoff2114
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad boy buggy problem shifting out of 4 wheel drive

I have a 2014 Ambush IS and it will not shift out of 4WD mode on the dash. The starter will also engage intermittently when turning the key from R-N-F hoping to get it out of 4WD.

Any advice? After reading this feed I need to sell this piece!
Pghoff2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #92
wa5eml
Not Yet Wild

I have the 2014 BB Ambush which started doing squirrely things after a hose down underneath. I checked the neutral switch and put voltage on the Duff-Norton linear actuator to force it to the center position (N) so I could start the Gas engine. I think the TCM (transmission Control Module is bad, a $395 dealer item. It is talked to by the ECU via a CAN (Controller Area Network) bus. The TCM has no output voltage to drive the Duff-Norton model: LT50-2-S004 Linear Actuator (shift) {+ and - 12 or 24VDC}. Anybody know anything about the TCM. There is nothing on the circuit board other than a Serial and a PCB number. The numbers don't cross to anything useful from a Google/Bing search. I am looking for a manufacture, model, schematic or any info on the TCM. Any other automobile TCM sells for half the BB price.
wa5eml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #93
wa5eml
Not Yet Wild

I have some answers as to questions about the “transmission neutral switch” and it’s normal position and the noise the Duff-Norton model: LT50-2-S004 Linear Actuator (shift) is making. First, the Neutral switch is just that. It has near zero ohms continuity when the transmission is in the center position which is Neutral. When the transmission is in (F) forward or (R) reverse (as selected by the Key switch) the Neutral switch opens up (driven by the LT through the TCM (Transmission Control Module)) and it tells the ECU (Orange wire) pin 14 it’s state (open or closed). The ECU talks to the TCM that controls the LT to drive it out or retract it. It talks using a CAN (Controller Area Network) Pin 23 (CAN H) and Pin 35 (CAN L) out of the ECU to the TCM pins 8A and 9A. The CAN bus wires are also connected to the board behind the dash board mounted around the key switch through the 6 pin (CAN L) (purple wire) and pin 3 (CAN H) (Blue wire) of the connector going to it. This board is called the "LED light board". The salesman at the BB distributor here did not know where this board was but told me it was also known as a “Bobby Box (for Bobby Weber who designed it). ECU CAN bus pins, pin 23 (CAN H) connects to pin 3 and ECU pin 35 (CAN L) connect to pin 6 on that "LED light board".
When the ECU tells the TCM that the cart is in Neutral it will allow the Gas engine (GAS toggle switch selected) to be started. The LT has a resistance feedback was 10000 ohms to the TCM to let it know when it is at the end of its limit and stop the motor that runs the LT. If yours is making a noise it may need calibrating which you did and it fixed the problem. On mine the LT did not move and the ECU blinked out an error code 51. If that were to not work either the pot is not making connection with TCM pins 5B (S GND), 6B (pot wiper) and 7B (5V AUX) or the TCM might be bad. My TCM is not outputting the voltage to LT. The LT (24 volt) has a + output voltage (I used 12VDC to drive it) to it on pin 1 and the - to pin 12 to “Retract” the actuator. Flip the + and - to “extend” the LT actuator. I did this after receiving information from DUFF-Norton. There is an inconsistency between the BB and Duff Norton/EZGO wiring color codes that DUFF Norton sent me. When the actuator is moving the resistance will change on the LT connector pin 6 to pin 5 and pin 7 to pin 6. Pin 6 in the Duff Norton diagram is a red wire and the pot wiper for reference on the “Plug” side. According to the BB Powertrain Schematic Figure 5 the wiper is a white wire on the “connector” side. It had me confused when I tried to put the two pieces of documentation together. Here is the Duff Norton wiring which is how I tested it with an ohm meter. They say CONN Pin #5 is white – Pot Extend, Pin 6 is red and the Pot Wiper and Pin 7 is black the Pot Retract. The color codes must be switched between the LT “plug” and the “Connector” that goes to the TCM. No matter what color the wires are, there should be a resistance change between two of the wires and wiper and the other connection should show the resistance full range which as I mentioned earlier it was 10,000 ohms (mine for some reason read ~8650 ohms) which color codes and resistance was verified from the Series LT catalog from Duff Norton. The color codes have to change between the LT plug and the DEV 13 Actuator connector if you follow this information. You can google the Duff Norton model: LT50-2-S004 Linear Actuator to see their documentation and compare it to the BB Powertrain schematic. I hope I have saved you from your head exploding with the explanation above. On the other hand I hope the details above did not confuse the readers.
wa5eml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #94
Csmarte
Not Yet Wild

Hello... I am new to the forum... I have a 2014 BBB Ambush IS. Can anyone tell be where I can get a service manual?
Csmarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:27 AM   #95
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmarte View Post
Hello... I am new to the forum... I have a 2014 BBB Ambush IS. Can anyone tell be where I can get a service manual?
Send me your email and I'll send you one.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:12 AM   #96
jarvisbuggie
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am also in need of this manual for the 2014 Ambush IS, but the forum wont allow me to send you a message
jarvisbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #97
fhp6
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Titus View Post
Send me your email and I'll send you one.
fhp6mt@gmail.com

Need manual for 2014 Ambush

TY! Mike
fhp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #98
boblamee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anybody know how I can get a service manual on 2015 Bad Boy Ambush 4 X 4 ???
boblamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #99
jwol
Not Yet Wild

Bumping this old thread, I know, it's just the best and most complete source of information on the topic I need help with.

Looking for the service manual for a non-IS Ambush. Jarrettengland@gmail.com please.

I don't think there's a need to go thru tremendous background on this. The gas f/r actuator is not actuating. It was stuck in forward in gas mode and dragging the rearend in electric mode. Electric mode working perfectly. Getting flash codes on the dash LEDs which I can't identify without the manual. two flashes by the correct gear position, three flashes by the mode. I've also gotten code 22. And now I'm also getting one flash by the gear position and two flashes by the mode. So 23 and 12 current codes. My 5A fuse was blown under the hood, which I was confident would fix me up, but unfortunately I had already removed the actuator when I found this. When I replaced it, the actuator sucked all the way in(not connected to the linkage), and I haven't managed to get it to do anything else again. I fear I might have messed up the calibration and there's not much I can do to fix it with no regen switch for that optimization procedure.

Anyway, I'm a mechanic. The cart isn't complicated enough for this to be THIS overly confounding, but it is without a manual or any real service reference. Will report back when I get it fixed and I WILL get it fixed, but I'd sure appreciate someone making my life a little easier. Thanks
jwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #100
jwol
Not Yet Wild

So, code 2,3 is the throttle sensor. Which doesn't make a lot of sense being that the cart acts perfectly sans not engaging the forward/reverse actuator for the gas engine. Still at a loss and looking for any kind of support. thanks
jwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO