lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #11
Jknipfel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Madjax Ultimate Light Kit Upgrade question

I too have a 2011 Precedent. I purchased the light upgrade kit with turn signals, horn, front and rear lights and brake lights. Everything is installed and working correctly except the brake lights. I have seen some videos where it shows a factory harness sitting inside of the console area (the area where the brake cables connect to the brake pedal); however, I do not see that factory harness. Did the 2011 have such a harness awaiting, or do I need to tap into other wires that are running from the front wiring to the back near the batteries? Could the harness be tucked so far inside of the console, or underneath of the cart I can't see them? I have included a picture of the instruction manual that talks about the factory harness. Other than not being able to find the harness, I am ready to go as far as the timer and circuit. I just need the 3 wires from the cart to connect to the timer and circuit. I look forward to any feedback you guys may have. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Light Manual.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
Jknipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #12
mightyexplorers
Not Yet Wild

when installing the light kit do you also need to install the voltage reducer or does the light kit handle that in the presedent?
mightyexplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #13
Jknipfel
Not Yet Wild

You know it's funny you ask. I had a voltage reducer but can't remember now if it was hooked up to my car radio and light kit, or just my radio. In either case, I've installed 2 small lawn mower style batteries for my radio and light kit. This was to take some of the burden off my actual golf cart batteries. In either case, I'm still looking for the factory harness for my 2011 precedent (for the light kit brake lights) which should be easy to find, but hasn't been. I am going to look again tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

One each side of the cart is two wires that go to the back of the cart you will need to use once you cut a small hole where you plan on mounting the lights, they may be way back in there but they should be there. A voltage reducer is always recommended so your batteries discharge & the charger with the OBC can recharge them evenly to get the most life out of your batteries. That said, some will not use a reducer and just go off two batteries, typically those are the ones that rarely use lights.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 2011 Precedent did not come from the factory with the "Bucket Harness".

If You don't have the 12-pin connector coming up on the passenger side of the cart into the dash area, You need to purchase the "bucket harness" from MadJax.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The 2011 Precedent did not come from the factory with the "Bucket Harness".

If You don't have the 12-pin connector coming up on the passenger side of the cart into the dash area, You need to purchase the "bucket harness" from MadJax.

Edit post

Sorry I just remembered I converted my cart to an IQ and purchased a replacement harness.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #17
Jknipfel
Not Yet Wild

This is the kit I bought nearly 2 years ago. Club Car Precedent Golf Cart DELUXE LIGHT KIT Plug & Go (ELECTRIC) 2008'-Newer. It came with the brake light system as you can see in the picture. I think there is a chance the wires (harness) I am looking for may already be there now that I go back and think this through. Back when I installed this system (2015), I didn't have any idea what I was doing or what those wires were for. I hope they are just dangling inside the cart somewhere. Can someone confirm that the harness for the brake light switch/relay/timer should be attached this harness kit?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Light Kit.jpg (73.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can clearly see the 3 wires that go to the pedal assembly to the left of the 12-pin connector on your harnesses picture (bottom right).

No one will be able to tell what You did with them, just take the center batteries out and look for them.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #19
Jknipfel
Not Yet Wild

I found them. I had zip tied them to the other light cables which go to the back of the cart. However, they were caked in mud and probably have had all sorts of exposure to the elements for the last 21 months. Upon first plug in, the break lights did not work (they've already worked as tail lights). So Next time I'm out there I'll take my voltage meter and see if anything is coming from the main source. As far as checking the pull switch, timer, and relay, how does one do that? I'm guessing I'm checking for continuity? Is there a fuse to check in the timer, or is that in the relay?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car