lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Old Problem Returned.

I have a 94 36v G8E. If you drive the cart 10 minutes or so it is fine no issues what so ever. If you drive it any longer it starts acting up. In the beginning of it acting up it seems like you have to push accelerator a little more to get it to move. Then it will eventually just cut out. The solenoid clicks but it just doesn't move. If I then sit for 30 seconds to a minute if I ease into accelerator I get nothing then at about 1/4 the way pressed the cart jumps and takes off. If I leave it sit longer then a minute I can then ease into throttle and will run normal until it seems to if had enough again. The longer I leave it sit the longer I can drive it afterward. This only happens on longer constant runs. The cart does have a 6 in lift kit and 22in tires. My campground is pretty hilly. Just sucks that it runs so good then out of no where it gives up. Any suggestions on what to look at.
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Old Problem Returned.

my g16e was doing something similar to that and it turned out to be the controller .. you still have the stock one in it ? .
bpaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This sounds exactly like a controller problem...controllers have a heat sink in them that gets hot and does not allow cart to run until it cools down...very common problem on lifted carts with stock controller.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

hey macadoe , is that the name of your town ? was just wondering if there's still great quading up there in weatherly or did they shut it down yet .. we used to go up there all the time
bpaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaskill View Post
my g16e was doing something similar to that and it turned out to be the controller .. you still have the stock one in it ? .
Yes it's the original controller. Can you or anyone recommend an upgrade for it?
Old 06-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaskill View Post
hey macadoe , is that the name of your town ? was just wondering if there's still great quading up there in weatherly or did they shut it down yet .. we used to go up there all the time
No I actually live in northeast Philly. Sorry
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha