lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
davehc
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Need Help With Solenoid Issue

Have a 1980 Harley 36 Volt MGIV . My problem is the " B " [ 6 Volt ] solenoid does not activate every time I push the peddle . When it dosent , if I very lightly tap the top of it , it will energize and work . I have already installed a new solenoid , checked all the battery's charge , cleaned and checked for loose / broken connections & wires . I have run out of ideas , anyone have one to try ?
davehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
davehc
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Need Help With Solenoid Issue

Just an update on my problem I had , in case anyone else has a similar problem . After checking and rechecking all my connections / retesting all the switches / solenoids & ect . ,I still kept coming back to the " B " 6 volt solenoid I first replaced . So I got another one , this time a better quality one , I hope , than the " made in china " one I first tried . After replacing it again its working , and going again . Time will tell .
davehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help With Solenoid Issue

I'm with you that you hate to jump to the "bad out of the box" conclusion on new part, but it CAN happen. I don't even want to think of how many hours I've spent checking, re-checking then checking again only to find some "new" part was bad. But, at least your up and running now.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Most aftermarket stuff for golf carts now a days is garbage.

I know everyone wants to save money, but the aftermarket stuff is not the way to go
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid contact bridge is hanging up - released by a tap. You can contact your supplier for a replacement or open it up and see if you can rectify the problem.

I disagree all aftermarket parts are garbage. There are many levels of quality available... just like when buying a car. There are some very good aftermarket products available, you just have to pay a little more for them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
vehder
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Curious where did you buy the "better" solenoid from. Also wondering what the part number are for 6 volt and 12 volt solenoids. I have a 81 electric MGIV and need a new 12v solenoid but have been getting conflicting information about best replacement.
vehder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson