lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #41
roadsterguy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Engine runs; push gas pedal down - No Go?

My club car acted similar to this. Would turn over and had to baby the gas pedal and choke for several minutes or more before the cart would finally start moving. Once it was going ok it sounded a little loud and puttered. It ended up being a head gasket. Put new gasket on and serviced it with all new oil, filters, ect. and runs better than it ever has.
roadsterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #42
hacum
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsterguy View Post
had to baby the gas pedal
That's a great phrase/description!
How hard was it to replace the gasket and get everything back just right?
hacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #43
roadsterguy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I actually didn't know what was going on. This was going on all last year or more and finally broke down and took it to our local cc dealer. They did all the work along with replacing a broken bracket and tune up for $300.00. I thought the $300.00 was well worth having a cart that ran better than when I bought it. (bought used 6 years ago) He said the problem was that we let the fan shroud get too gunked up and need to hose the engine down more often. Too much off roading!!
roadsterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #44
hacum
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

UPDATE!!!!!!

Ok, I finally had some time to work on the cart. Great news - it's running and running good. In the end I think it was a combination of things. I believe one of the biggest problems was deteriorated rubber in my gas tank. After examining the gas tank more closely, I noticed the rubber gasket around the air valve had "melted/deteriorated" and fallen into the gas tank. I also noticed the rubber float on the gas sender had also "melted/deteriorated" and fallen/dripped into the gas tank. The combination of those two items had left a layer of black slim at the bottom of the gas tank as well as small chuncks of of rubber and other junk at the bottom of the tank. So I drained the gas tank and cleaned the tank (and the sender). I made a new gasket for the air valve and I made a new float (out of cork) for the sender. I flushed the fuel lines, put new fuel filters on, replaced one of the rubber hoses, replaced the spark plug, put new oil and oil filter on, soaked the carb, tighted the starter belt, and FULLY charged the battery (I believe while constantly messing the cart - testing fuel lines, fuel pump, belts, etc - I ran the battery down enough to work but not strong enough to turn the motor over. And now it's running!! I still have to "baby" the gas pedal a tiny bit in the very beginning but it is NOT NEARLY as bad as it was. Now it only takes me a couple of seconds vs several min (I hoping that will go away once it warms up more - we have had a little bit of a cold spell here in AL). Even if that doesn't get any better, I don't mind b/c it's a MILLION times better than it was!

A BIG THANKS to all you guys for helping me! It's been a great learning experince!

I do have another issue with my front suspension/alignment but I'm going to start another thread for that.
hacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car