lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Rearview mirrow

I'm working on my neighbors Ezgo. The mirror is mounted directly to the plastic roof and was loose. I removed it and thought maybe the brackets could be mounted to a roof strut but they don't fit. For those that have your mirror mounted to the plastic roof, do your screws penetrate the top and come through? The screws are rusted out and I need new ones. I can see where the old screws almost came out the top. Do they need to penetrate the top to make a tight connection?
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rearview mirrow

Most five panel mirrors attach to the metal windshield frame... they include some L brackets that are the proper width.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #3
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Most five panel mirrors attach to the metal windshield frame... they include some L brackets that are the proper width.
Yes I have a club car ds and a precedent. Both mount as you suggested. These l brackets are to wide to fit on the windshield frame. I have seen some threads where some folks mounted to the roof. I have never seen that before.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:53 AM   #4
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I mount all mine to the canopy and they hold just fine... #8 or #10 screws and don’t go longer than 3/4” and don’t over tighten them
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #5
Sideways
Gone Wild

Put a dab of 2 part epoxy around the threads before screwing into the top, it will glue the screw to the top.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
I mount all mine to the canopy and they hold just fine... #8 or #10 screws and don’t go longer than 3/4” and don’t over tighten them
Do the screws go all the way through? The canopy does not look to thick. The screws that I removed were rusted and loose and did not completely penetrate the plastic but came close.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Put a dab of 2 part epoxy around the threads before screwing into the top, it will glue the screw to the top.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO