lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Leaky Rim

Hi All -

I ordered a new set of tires and rims about a month ago and noticed one of them was deflated when I got it. Didn't think much of it at the time. Since then, I've aired it up several times and noticed it goes flat again within a few days. I suspected a loose valve core or bad bead and checked both to no avail.

When I took it out to dip it in the pool, i found 2 streams of hair line bubbles coming out of the rim wall itself! The pinholes were about 2 inches in from the bead wall of the rim. I didn't see any noticable defect in the aluminum when dry, just when in the water.

I've emailed the place I bought them to see what kind of warranty they have, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this. Also, is there any recommendation or pros/cons to putting tubes in the tires?

The Wheels/tires are 10x11x22.
Cessna75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Leaky Rim

I would contact the seller and tell them exactly what you just told us..... seeems like a no brainer you get a new tire and wheel ..... just a big inconvienence
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a steel wheel that had a pinhole. Scuffed and epoxy'd the inside, it is still in service.
Yours is a FACTORY defect and sould be replaced without hesitation by the dealer/ manufacturer. Make them pay shipping!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna75 View Post
Hi All -

I ordered a new set of tires and rims about a month ago and noticed one of them was deflated when I got it. Didn't think much of it at the time. Since then, I've aired it up several times and noticed it goes flat again within a few days. I suspected a loose valve core or bad bead and checked both to no avail.

When I took it out to dip it in the pool, i found 2 streams of hair line bubbles coming out of the rim wall itself! The pinholes were about 2 inches in from the bead wall of the rim. I didn't see any noticable defect in the aluminum when dry, just when in the water.

I've emailed the place I bought them to see what kind of warranty they have, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this. Also, is there any recommendation or pros/cons to putting tubes in the tires?

The Wheels/tires are 10x11x22.
As suggested twice above whomever you purchased them from should be more than happy to exchange that one wheel with the porosity defect. If they don’t it would be nice to know where you purchased them from for obvious reasons.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

To my surprise, the seller (not a site sponsor so I didn't know if I should give him a gratuitous plug) emailed me right back after he got to work (he's CA and I'm TX). He apologized for the problem and is shipping a new wheel/tire with a return postage sticker for the bad wheel. Not how my luck usually goes!

Thanks guys!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

I've had that happen on a full sized steel rim before, my results were the same, any time there is a defect like that the seller should assume full responsibility and pay shipping. Cause they are going to demand the same from the mfg.
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
To my surprise, the seller (not a site sponsor so I didn't know if I should give him a gratuitous plug) emailed me right back after he got to work (he's CA and I'm TX). He apologized for the problem and is shipping a new wheel/tire with a return postage sticker for the bad wheel. Not how my luck usually goes!

Thanks guys!
SEE And now, you may as well post the seller's good name so everyone on the internet will know what a good business person he or she is
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

My pleasure - Jake at GolfCartGiant.com. I think he might be the only one there. Good prices, communication, and service!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #9
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There ya go. Shipping and all Before I came here, I tried them all ! **** (that's 4 stars)
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
My pleasure - Jake at GolfCartGiant.com. I think he might be the only one there. Good prices, communication, and service!
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car