lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
almiper
Not Yet Wild

Default '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far forward

i have a carryall, it sat for a 6 six month while i rebuilt the engine. now everything works, except the belt slips, clutch seems to be engaging properly, but belt slips under pressure, once it picks up speed runs good, but it has a hard time getting up and going. i replaced the belt, moved the engine as far forward as i could, but still no go.
Any ideas here? thanks in advance. Alex
almiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far for

WELCOME TO BGW!!!!!!!!!!
That's wierd..... is there a # on the belt? Maybe you got the wrong belt?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
almiper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far for

the belt is the correct one, i've tried the old one and a new one i bought at the club car dealer for my serial number vehicle... after more troubleshooting seems as if the drive clutch is not opening, so now i gota figure out how to remove it and make it slide. any ideas here?

Thanks again.

Alex
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will need a puller to remove the drive clutch from Club Car.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
almiper
Not Yet Wild

is that a specialty tool or can i buy it at an autozone... or similar store?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Alex
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a specialty puller. A bolt within a bolt. It is for the clutch on the engine. The one on the rear doesn't need any special tools.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

club car part number PART#1014496. ran me around 35 for a bolt with a bolt on it. but well worth the money, other then having to fiddle fart around with rods and bolts to get it out like others say can be done.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Sounds like you are talking about the the driven clutch, on the differential?? Take a few pics, may be as simple as a cleaning and greasing....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You Yamaha guys always want to put grease in the clutch ... ezgo and CC run em dry with plastic wear surfaces in the driven .... Often the plastic is gone and they are metal to metal by the time anyone complains about them..... ah, for the love of a little preventative maintenance
Old 11-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

get him scotty!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belt, clutch, lack of power, slip
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car