lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 EZ-Go 36V - What to look for maintenance wise and best place for parts.

I just bought a 2001 EZ-Go 36V for $500. The guy I bought it from said it was his dads before he passed away and it sat under his covered shop patio for a year and a half. It ran perfect until the day he parked it (went into hospital, then nursing home). So it was out of the weather, but not totally. It was pretty dirty, so I cleaned it up and waxed it. I added water to the batteries and tried to charge them with no luck, so I have new ones coming tomorrow. I'm not concerned with the body (scratches) so much because I plan on wrapping it with a vinyl camo wrap. I want to make a cart to drive around the block some/check cows/hunting. I realize its electric, and not gas, so I am limited on power. I'm not concerned with mudding it because I have a four wheeler for that. I just wanted another project to mess with in the garage. It already has a hill chip in it, and I want to add a speed chip. These are from the day I bought it, so it has been cleaned, waxed, and seat cleaned up since these pictures were taken.

Plans for it are:

-Jakes 6" spindle lift
-Wheels and Tires
-Vinyl Camo Wrap
-Plastic Bed
-Speed Chip
-Lights (Offroad and maybe LED accent lights)
-Gun Mount
-Maybe bumpers eventually
-Maybe Radio eventually

I know there are some vendors on here, so could anyone point me in the direction go get some of this stuff from, or where you got yours? Anyone see any issues with some of the stuff in my plans for my use? Is there anything I should look at maintenance wise on this before I get going? I've read some stuff on people saying I would need to upgrade the controller and wires for a lift etc... but I've also heard that the factory one is fine.

I was also looking for a service manual to download or something if anyone knows where one is. Thanks.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZ-Go 36V - What to look for maintenance wise and best place for parts.

If you are in N Texas I would try Mike's Motor Toys in the Dallas area, he is an Ezgo factory agency and does exactly what you're looking for.
Check this link: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...otor-toys.html
Manuals can be downloaded here: http://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/americas-manuals
Select Fleet PDS golf car, it is likely about 90MB.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZ-Go 36V - What to look for maintenance wise and best place for parts.

Thanks Doug, I found the manuals after I posted this. Father-In-Law also has a shop where he builds them and sells them, I just didn't want to beat him down with all of the questions all of the time. So I will probably turning to these forums quite a bit.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I would check all the vendors here for pricing and if it's not on their website, call them. They're all pretty good as they are screened by the BGW people and harassed by the members if they don't do their jobs.
You can buy speed chips on ebay for $5 delivered to your house.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I got the new batteries today and put them in. After sitting a year and a half under a covered patio, the cart fired right up with the new batteries and drove great. It is even faster than I thought it would be. Drove it around the block a couple of times and put it on the charger which kicked right one.

Step 1 (get the cart running) is done, now time to mod. One question I have is, what should I check for after sitting over a year? I was told there is only 1 grease fitting, but what else needs to be checked? When I put the new batteries in, I changed the cables to 4ga, so that is done. Just wondering what else to look for.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Should be about 8 grease fittings: 2 king pins, 4 tie rods, 2 steering box area.
Speed chip should give you about 18mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO