lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
fastassdmax
Not Yet Wild

Default cart always dwawing from battery, not charging

Hi this is my first time posting but i have been reading this forum for quite awhile. I have learned a lot of great info from here and I really appreciate everyones knowledge here.

I have a 95 club car that continuously draws from the battery when running. I have been reading a lot of post about not charging and most people end up changing the voltage regulator. I have taken apart the starter and cleaned up everything in there and made sure all the connections were good. Is the voltage regulator the next thing to change??

Thanks,
Jesse
fastassdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: cart always dwawing from battery, not charging

Put the cart in maintainance mode, run the engine, and while running disconnect the positive battery cable. If the cart dies it is probably the voltage regulator OR the starter/generator ($$$).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: cart always dwawing from battery, not charging

you can also with a voltage meter put on the battery start cart in maintence mode and at start up your battery may drop to 11.7 volts normal........but as your gassing it up it should read between 13.7 volts to 15.5 volts at WOT if its under or higher than replave V.R.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car