lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
ssthomaston
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 TXT runs rough

I have a 98 txt and it runs rough, smokes (black). Previous owner said it quit sparking and they parked it. It sat for over a year prior to me getting it. I have learned alot on this forum, however this problem is kicking my butt. I replaced pulsar coil, swapped ignitor with HEI conversion, and achieved spark. Carb was gummed up. Swapped with new carb upgrade kit from ez go dealer.(pretty much same carb just had extra spacer that had to be installed) Have adjusted valves, compression on both cylinders @ 170 psi, and has new plugs, still has same plug wires and OEM coil. Does the coil have to be replaced with hei upgrade, I have read mixed opinions on the forums? (OEM) Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I called local dealer to ask them questions about it and response was they basically installed "test" parts till they got it figured out. Doesn't give me alot of confidence in their abilities.
ssthomaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 TXT runs rough

That's how it is done by many even myself. Many times, same problem require different solution. If you have 2 or more units of same brand and year model (like many golf course carts), it is so easy to repair a golf cart by "borowing" parts known to be functioning.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, thats the idustry standard.........replace parts with known good working parts the reason for some of it is that parts like coils, ignitors, pulsar coils go bad in several different ways and theres no real bullet proof way to test them.....some won,t work when cold while others won,t work when they get hot and a ton of ways inbetween so for testing purposes you replace them and if it solves the problem you leave them in..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
ssthomaston
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well pretty much only thing left is plug wires and coil, right? Anybody think of anything else?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
ssthomaston
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just to update. Replaced stock coil with DIS coil for 1990 buick century and ran great.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssthomaston View Post
Just to update. Replaced stock coil with DIS coil for 1990 buick century and ran great.

..............thanks for update.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO