lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Drive Won't Move

We had a cart in our fleet quit after three holes over the weekend. We haven't had any problems before with it and the batteries are fairly new and weren't showing any signs of being bad. I haven't actually checked them yet but they are next on the list. I replaced the stop switch, solenoid, and throttle sensor and still nothing. Checked the fuse and that's fine as well. What could be next.
drakesmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 08 Drive Won't Move

does the reverse beep & resist rolling when pushed (tow switch on)? does solenoid click when tow/run initally switched on?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

Yes the reverse beeps and resists when pushed and the solenoid clicks.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Does the solenoid click when you push the pedal in both FWD and REV? What are your battery voltages? Sounds like your controller is working if it resists pushing like it should.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

The voltages were all at least 12.6 something. I didn't write them down. I load tested them though and one of them seemed weaker than the rest. It clicked in both fwd and rev. I checked the fwd/rev switch anyways and that worked when replaced too.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

I took the weaker battery and put it on a charger. It seemed fine when I tested it later and the cart still won't move after putting it back in. I'm really at a stand still as I've done everything I can think of that has fixed any of our other carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha