lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Plum Quick in Precedent speed results

OK so I was playing with a Plum quick IQ speed motor in a 07 Precedent withbrand new batteries, and here is my confusing results. It came with speed code 3 installed and then just yesterday I paid and had code 4 installed with no difference, but I knew I was pulling this motor out as this cart is going up for sale -- stock---motor as an option if wanted.

Soooooo....

speed 3 stock = 16 mph rock solid up or down hill
speed 3 PQ = 22 steady on flat, holds 18-20 uphill higher on downhill (no regen braking)

Speed 4 stock = 19.5, loses speed on uphill and holds 19.5 on downhill
Speed 4 PQ = 22 steady on flat, again freewheels downhill

So I was surprised that there was absolutely no gain in speed with the PlumQuick motor between speed codes 3 and 4. Is it some sort of controller maxing out issue??

Thinking next one I play with, I want to do the Alltrax controller swapout and see what that does?? Its only money right?
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
fredreeves
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Plum Quick in Precedent speed results

I have a 05 CC precedent IQ and with the stock motor and the stock controller set on #4 it would go 21 mph solid. I just put in a PQ and a Alltrax 400 IQ controller and it goes 25 mph solid. I have the alltrax set on turbo and max speed. Which I could squeeze out a little more some how.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 018.jpg (66.3 KB, 24 views)
fredreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
OK so I was playing with a Plum quick IQ speed motor in a 07 Precedent withbrand new batteries, and here is my confusing results. It came with speed code 3 installed and then just yesterday I paid and had code 4 installed with no difference, but I knew I was pulling this motor out as this cart is going up for sale -- stock---motor as an option if wanted.

Soooooo....

speed 3 stock = 16 mph rock solid up or down hill
speed 3 PQ = 22 steady on flat, holds 18-20 uphill higher on downhill (no regen braking)

Speed 4 stock = 19.5, loses speed on uphill and holds 19.5 on downhill
Speed 4 PQ = 22 steady on flat, again freewheels downhill

So I was surprised that there was absolutely no gain in speed with the PlumQuick motor between speed codes 3 and 4. Is it some sort of controller maxing out issue??

Thinking next one I play with, I want to do the Alltrax controller swapout and see what that does?? Its only money right?
I believe that once you install a PQ IQ motor it tricks the speed sensor as well as removes regen braking. So whether code 3 or 4 your results will be the same. I was trying to a confirmation on this from PlumQuick but never followed through on it. I also mentioned this on other threads that you MIGHT not need to do the Code 4 if you're going to the PQ or other motor that tricks the speed sensor. Your 22 MPH is most likely because of stock tires. If you had 22's you would see 25-26 MPH without an Alltrax. Remember that AugustaResident did the Alltrax first then the PQ motor, (thread removed,) and I believe he got 21's with tons of torque then got 26+ with the PQ installed.

Sooooo get that Alltrax installed in a stock Precedent and lets see what happens... after all it's only your money

By the way... with my 22's and speed code 3 I was running 18.9 MPH. Once I went to Code 4 I got 20-21 MPH with the regen still working.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreeves View Post
I have a 05 CC precedent IQ and with the stock motor and the stock controller set on #4 it would go 21 mph solid. I just put in a PQ and a Alltrax 400 IQ controller and it goes 25 mph solid. I have the alltrax set on turbo and max speed. Which I could squeeze out a little more some how.

Fred

Are ya taking into account the size tire you're running. Nice looking cart you have, but what size tires are those?? I have stock 18", and were your speed readings done with thie wheel/tire combo in your picture...if so they look like 21's or 20's at least. Im happy with the speed on the stock tires, I just like to play and now wonder what I could get with a controller only swap with stock everything else. Its all about the experimenting, the results dont matter much as these carts are being sold off anyway. The results WILL matter when I decide to keep one of these carts
Old 05-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I believe that once you install a PQ IQ motor it tricks the speed sensor as well as removes regen braking. So whether code 3 or 4 your results will be the same. I was trying to a confirmation on this from PlumQuick but never followed through on it. I also mentioned this on other threads that you MIGHT not need to do the Code 4 if you're going to the PQ or other motor that tricks the speed sensor. Your 22 MPH is most likely because of stock tires. If you had 22's you would see 25-26 MPH without an Alltrax. Remember that AugustaResident did the Alltrax first then the PQ motor, (thread removed,) and I believe he got 21's with tons of torque then got 26+ with the PQ installed.

Sooooo get that Alltrax installed in a stock Precedent and lets see what happens... after all it's only your money

By the way... with my 22's and speed code 3 I was running 18.9 MPH. Once I went to Code 4 I got 20-21 MPH with the regen still working.
OK on the next one its a deal. But only for the good of BGW members

Absolutely no personal enjoyment at all in these tests
Geez the things I suffer thru for the knowledge of all

Also what do you mean AugustaResident had his thread removed??? because he was posting alternative sources for Alltrax?? I really hope not

MYTH BUSTER asks speed code 3 and speed code 4 and PQ motor equals same final speed-----CONFIRMED
Old 05-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
OK on the next one its a deal. But only for the good of BGW members

Absolutely no personal enjoyment at all in these tests
Geez the things I suffer thru for the knowledge of all

Also what do you mean AugustaResident had his thread removed??? because he was posting alternative sources for Alltrax?? I really hope not

MYTH BUSTER asks speed code 3 and speed code 4 and PQ motor equals same final speed-----CONFIRMED
Oxfordlawn...

You da man!!! And when you're done testing/suffering with that Alltrax IQ just ship it to me and I'll keep it right handy on my CC for ya so you don't suffer any more... It's the least I can do...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car