lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
jdfishe
Not Yet Wild

Default Lifted EZ GO Rear Shocks???

I have a 98 TXT with the 24HP Honda and Terra Toys long travel front end. I am not sure exactly how much the stock rear suspension is lifted or even how to figure it out but I need to replace the rear shock and am wondering if someone can help me with suggestions? I would sure think that a normal car shock would be too stiff as I know how to figure out what car shock would work.

Thanks!
Jim
jdfishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifted EZ GO Rear Shocks???

Car shocks work fine,I run a pair of Monroe-32207 on my Marathon Rear.Look on MonroeShocks.com,they have charts that you can find a shock to exactly fit what you need,then it gives you a part number that you can buy anywhere that sells Monroe.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
swamprat33
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Jim, I had a simular issue, I mocked the cart up like I wanted it, did a little measuring and bought shocks with springs the right length. They were front shocks off of an atv, but I don't remember what type. Worked great.

Swamprat
swamprat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Car shocks work fine,I run a pair of Monroe-32207 on my Marathon Rear.Look on MonroeShocks.com,they have charts that you can find a shock to exactly fit what you need,then it gives you a part number that you can buy anywhere that sells Monroe.Hope this helps.
Do you use the shock extenders?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you look up the shocks on the chart,you eliminate the need for extenders.You measure from upper to lower mount,figure in extra for travel,figure what the compressed-length would be without bottoming the shock.Then find a number that will be close.Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Perfect, Thx

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey pachanga,
This interests me, you helped me with some decisions on my cart. I went with the 20x10x10, sporting ITPSS112's and a nice aggressive tread. My shocks have seen better days, and I am running stock height for now, but I am going with the 4"block lift soon. It shows that the TXT shocks are 17" inch extended, and 13" compressed. Could you give me the part number from Monroe that will work on the TXT. The site wants me to put year,make, model in order to find a shock. Also is it more inexpensive going with an automotive shock vs an OEM?

Thanks
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey pachanga,
This interests me, you helped me with some decisions on my cart. I went with the 20x10x10, sporting ITPSS112's and a nice aggressive tread. My shocks have seen better days, and I am running stock height for now, but I am going with the 4"block lift soon. It shows that the TXT shocks are 17" inch extended, and 13" compressed. Could you give me the part number from Monroe that will work on the TXT. The site wants me to put year,make, model in order to find a shock. Also is it more inexpensive going with an automotive shock vs an OEM?

Thanks
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Go to the charts that just list part#s' and dimensions.Don't go by application.Look under Catalog, Misc., Length-Sheets.Hope this helps
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

The info you will need for selecting shocks are extended and compressed lengths, mounting style (top and bottom), and if you're paying for expensive shocks or coil over shocks you may need to have an idea about what internal valving and spring rate you need. For the spring rate on coil over shocks there is a way to calculate spring rate using both sprung and un-sprung weight, but my intuition tells me that if you were planning on going this route you would know that stuff. I have car shocks on the rear of my limo and bag-over-shocks for a car on the front. It's an air ride four wheel independent suspension system, but the shocks do not seem to be too stiff for me.

You could remove your existing shocks and measure lengths eye to eye if you just plan on replacing them. Good luck!
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go, ezgo, rear shock
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts