lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #21
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 CC Precedent Light Kit - Wiring to aftermarket reducer

First of all, the red wire to the pack + is for charging the battery. The blue wire on battery 5 is 16v. It goes to a 16-12v reducer. The reducer is located on the frame right next to the front passenger side tire. The negative connects to controller B1.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2021, 01:33 PM   #22
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
First of all, the red wire to the pack + is for charging the battery. The blue wire on battery 5 is 16v. It goes to a 16-12v reducer. The reducer is located on the frame right next to the front passenger side tire. The negative connects to controller B1.
Thank you for clarification. Yes, here's an updated picture for the thread.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #23
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry reread, it should say the negative connects to controller B-. Not, the negative connects to controller B1.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #24
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Sorry reread, it should say the negative connects to controller B-. Not, the negative connects to controller B1.
Yep, I knew what you meant.

I think I've got it all figured out, but had a question. My cart has a 16/12 reducer wired up in the front wheel well. It's connected by a "T" harness that connects on the one side to the bucket harness 12 pin, and on the other side to the Madjax/?? light kit harness 12 pin on the other.

I want to swap out the reducer with a 48/12 reducer. If I remove the T harness and connect the two 12 pin connectors together, what do I do then? Or, do I just snip off the exising 16/12 reducer and wire in the new 48/12 reducer?

The reducer I bought was from Cartsunlimited, the 30amp blue model. It has 5 or 6 wires to directly wire in.

I know I can completely circumvent the light kit harness altogether, but then my new front light switch would not be connected to the rear lights. To be honest, it's really confusing trying to work with existing after-market wiring. A little help here would be appreciated.

Picture below. The existing T harness is labeled as "B". It runs down to the existing reducer.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car