lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
02FLHRSEI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Diehard GC2's

I see ads for the Sears diehard GC2 6V battries and the pricing is attractive. Looking at the sticky on battery comarisons did not reveal how the diehard stacks up. Is the diehard actually a battery listed in the sticky? I had heard long ago that in the US there were only a few manufacturers filling specs on very many brands.
Does anyone have anything good (or bad) to report on the diehard battery?
02FLHRSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Diehard GC2's

That is only a 195 ah battery, I am told that you want to stick around 225ah as a standard. I looked them up on line and saw that they were $99 a piece, I dont know what price you can get them for. Also they only have a 6 mos. free replacement and 6 more mos. prorated. I just purchased (6) US Batteries US 2200XC2 for $100 a piece they are 232ah batterries and come with a 18 mos. free replacement. You may want to look up the US battery website and see if you have a distributor locally. JohhnieB and ScottieB are the battery Gurus on this forum, they may be able to give you more info.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I don't have any info, good or bad, about the DieHard GC2 but at 195 Amp-Hours, it falls close to the bottom of my list, between the Crown CR-200 and the Exide GC-110.

A 195AH battery will give you about 13% less run-time on each charge than the standard capacity (225AH), the cart's performance may be noticeably less and will have to be replaced about a year or so sooner.

It would have to be about 20% less expensive than a standard capacity battery to break even over the battery's lifespan.

Shop around and compare AH vs price.
Don't limit your search to the usual places for golf cart batteries, I ordered mine through a tractor supply.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (99.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
02FLHRSEI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great information. Thanks to all. Let's review>
My needs for the cart are not very demanding. I will throw my set lines, raft and trolling motor on it maybe 10-20 times in a year and the distance to the lanch is 3/8 mile. Our fishing pier is 1.1 miles away and we will do that maybe 10 times in a year. If I find the energy, I'll drag our cart to a biker rally once in a year witch would not amount to much more than 5 miles for the weekend back and forth to the beer garden and ice shack. Besides they are biker rallies, we are supposed to ride, but so many are just a wild weekend out, but such is my burden. If I feel like going into the back-country on something, I'll truck up to Montana and rent a remuda.
The sears deal for 6 new and consecutive serial numbers is $543.19 total with taxes. ($89.99 ea plus a $40.00 online cupon) The best deal on the 2200CX2 (or equial) is 108.99 with tax is $708 for the set of 6. So the question now (total performance not being an issue for us) is, do I give up the warranty for 23% or $164.81? That is a hard choice for me. In all of my history I have never had a battery fail prematurely and my son-in-law has a very expensive Snap-On battery scanalyzer to test them with at the 11th hour. I think I better sleep on this decision.
FYI... The Diehard GC2-$89.00 sale starts on the 26th. and the on-line discount code is "AUTO40". Thanks to my deal surfing/ money saving wife.
02FLHRSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Whichever way you go, if you maintain them properly, they'll last a LOT longer.

If it may go for more than several weeks without use, either plan on unplugging and replugging (from the buggy) a standard charger, or buy a higher end charger that keeps the batteries in peak condition.

Great break-in and maintenance info (and great chargers) here:

http://www.cartsunlimited.net
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Check out the Energizer GC2 at Sam's. They have a higher rating 232 AH and are a good price. Have them on two of our cartys and they are performing well.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Based on light to moderate use and the cost+tax you provided, your total savings will be about $66-$67, when the projected lifespans are factored in.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
JimVA
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

JohnnieB ... Thanks for posting the 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons chart. Is there a 8 volt chart or do the 6 volt comparisons also hold true for 8 volt batteries?
JimVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVA View Post
JohnnieB ... Thanks for posting the 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons chart. Is there a 8 volt chart or do the 6 volt comparisons also hold true for 8 volt batteries?
It take it you are considering 6 X 8V for a 48V battery pack.

--------
Added:
Here is another one comparing 48V packs made from 8 x 6V and 6 x 8V.

If you want run-time 8 x 6V is the way to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (79.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 48V kWh Comparisons.JPG (105.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #10
kellen20
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know where to find the charger settings for these Diehard GC2s? It doesn't list Diehard in the manuals. Do I just use the generic flooded battery with 195ah in its range?

I have gen III and gen IV accusense 36V chargers
kellen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO