lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #11
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Random Club Car 48V questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I noticed that you said that everything is stock except the lift and tires. The stock motor only goes about 12 mph on that cart, I had the same motor in my 03 series DS cart so even with the larger tires I wouldn't think that the motor would be capable of the 18 to 20 range. I run the duracells in my DS and have not had any issues with them they are about 3 years old ( all I can say bout that is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance). I replaced the motor with a plumquick bandit and got about 20 to 22 with stock controller and 10" low pro tires.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but the guy I talked to said that the cart should go faster if it had those bigger tires. I have not had any prob elms with my duracells and I will be checking my them with a load tester this weekend.
What kind of maintenance do you do on your batteries to ensure the best performance?
87chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
You can put a volt meter on the pack AND go for a ride up hill or take off hard and see how much the pack drops

Sent with the newest version of Crap~A~Talk
Would a load tester on each single battery work the same way?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #13
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you put a 36v motor in a 48v system it will spin 33% faster than originally designed. Which equals an equal amount of speed increase. Just find a stock 36v motor from the same era.
Okay that sounds good I'll have to look around and see what I can find to maybe do that switch.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy View Post
Would a load tester on each single battery work the same way?
Pretty much
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

maintenance on the batteries is easy I charge after every use regardless of how far I travel even if it is just to the end of the driveway and back, check your water levels regularly I do mine every two weeks which seems to be sufficient, and I use the cart everyday. Always make sure that the plates have at least 1/4" to 1/2" of water covering them and do not overfill your batteries. Overfilling the batteries causes them to gas more when charging and that gas contributes to corrosion buildup. I also leave my seat up when charging to help vent gases.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #16
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
maintenance on the batteries is easy I charge after every use regardless of how far I travel even if it is just to the end of the driveway and back, check your water levels regularly I do mine every two weeks which seems to be sufficient, and I use the cart everyday. Always make sure that the plates have at least 1/4" to 1/2" of water covering them and do not overfill your batteries. Overfilling the batteries causes them to gas more when charging and that gas contributes to corrosion buildup. I also leave my seat up when charging to help vent gases.
okay yeah i always make sure my batteries have plenty of water in them iv heard thats always important! I like the idea about keeping the seat up while charging i may have to start doing that! Thank you for all the advice i appreciate it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car