lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #31
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Series 48v - Acc Pedal Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
So, I would assume that's why the cart is jerking at mid throttle .. It's going from 2.55 to 1.25 and back up to 6.17
Yes, I noticed that resistance.

As far as the yellow and green being reversed, I'm not following you. I looked at the alltrax diagram at the controller posts and my wires are the exact same
Post#1 red
Post#2 green
Post#3 yellow
Post#4 not used
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Post #4 Update: Took the green and yellow wire off controller from the MCOR, tested ohms with meter set to 20k ohms
Started: 5.10ohms
Mid pedal: 3.30ohms
Fully depressed: 1.30ohms
You never mentioned that the throttle resistance went UP again after middle throttle before going Down again....

If that range You posted was a continuous smooth range from 5.1kΩ to 1.3kΩ, but the voltage is jumping, I have a hypothesis:

Look again at the diagram from Alltrax, the wire colors on the Controller are as You indicated, but follow the Green wire from Terminal #2, it shows it is connected to the Wiper of the MCOR, that is Wrong!

It could be a misprint, but if the resistance is smooth but the voltage is not, those two wires are reversed.

If You disconnect both Terminal #2 and #3, turn the key ON and press the Pedal, whichever one of those 2 terminals (#2 or #3) has approximately +7v is the one the Green wire should be connected to.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #33
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You never mentioned that the throttle resistance went UP again after middle throttle before going Down again....

If that range You posted was a continuous smooth range from 5.1kΩ to 1.3kΩ, but the voltage is jumping, I have a hypothesis:

It could be a misprint, but if the resistance is smooth but the voltage is not, those two wires are reversed.

If You disconnect both Terminal #2 and #3, turn the key ON and press the Pedal, whichever one of those 2 terminals (#2 or #3) has approximately +7v is the one the Green wire should be connected to.
Did the test on two posts off controller post#2 and post#3 with them completely disconnected .. I was seeing 13.86 volts post#2 (green) & post#3 zero volts (yellow)

Guess it wasn't a misprint
Old 12-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #34
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

It would either be oxidation or possibly a warped shaft that moves the contacts further apart from the pc board on portions of the travel.
I guess I'm leaning towards this since everything else has been checked.
Would make since it's missing when gliding across in the center. The MCOR adapter isn't center in the whole like it should be. Maybe it's losing contact on a portion of the motherboard.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:35 AM   #35
Role
Gone Wild

Problem has been SOLVED!

Narrowing it down to the MCOR.

I took the MCOR off, dremmeled off the top, unsoldered the pin contacts. Removed board and looked at both sides - It had some debris and dirt along with zero electrical grease on it. The prongs that glide across board were also bent unevenly.

So I straightened and pushed the prongs up and evened them out to make better contact on the board, electrical contact grease, and cleaned off both sides of motherboard, resoldered it back on.

Just to see if it worked, I popped the cover lightly with rubber mallet and used two zip ties to secure it for the test. (Will use JBwaterweld to or JBplastic to secure it permanently after verifying it works properly)

Stuck it back on the cart, plugged my two male adapters into the MCOR.

Turned the key on, forward position, and the cart drove from pedal up to fully depressed like butter! No surging, no jumping, no hesitation, just clean and swift! Definitely picked up more speed as well!!

It's 3:30am, but perseverance is key!

Attached some photos...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (163.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #36
Role
Gone Wild

Pic 2 MCOR fix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (147.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #37
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hate getting a new part that does not work, it makes You go through a lot of extra aggravation when troubleshooting.

I could not see the label or connector on your pictures, Is that an MCOR4?

Interesting to see the differences between that model and the MCOR2 in the sticky.

The old version had the wiper resistance bonded to the pc board using the same material as the resistance track.

That new version has a plain resistor soldered (R2), and extra pads (R3) that you can jump to make the MCOR go down to 0Ω.

I also noticed they added de-coupling capacitors between the top and the wiper to negative side of the MCOR.

In theory those capacitors could eliminate some of the noise caused by the sometimes poor gliding connection of those small metal fingers.

I am surprised that You found "debris" inside, Do You think it is because of a poorly designed shaft seal or substandard manufacturing facility?

By the way, the Alltrax wiring diagram is incorrect, the Green wire should have been drawn connected to the Top of the MCOR, not the wiper.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #38
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The pic is an MCOR2. I'd be very interested to know where it was purchased. The market has been FLOODED with Chinese knockoff MCOR1 and MCOR2s as of late. They're all over eBay and it's really killing my sales on the OEM parts. People don't realize there's a difference, but there is.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car