lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with Rebuild. Decisions - Decisions

Well I have been on the site researching and talking to various vendors for a little bit now and have torn my cart down to bare bones to fix and get to everything ready for upgrades. It is a 2000 48 volt Regen 2 cart. I pulled the body and just installed the 6" double a-arm lift and it came out real nice. Last night I wrapped the front body and tonight I am doing the rear.
My questions are:
I just found a whole IQ harness, MCOR,OBC,solenoid,and 250 curtis controller stock from a stripped down cart for decent price. Should I get this is instead of just buying a Alltrax DCX 500 controller and Heavy duty solenoid and using my current setup. I am buying a new motor either way for the 23" tires. I am not really looking to go over 18-20mph. Just want decent torque. Thanks for all the help guys..
BTW here are pics

Before

Now

bcnucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with Rebuild. Decisions - Decisions

Also I have looked at all the motors and its a tough decision on which one to get

Admiral makes a few different models MOT-A1, MOT-A2, and MOT-A4
D&D makes a bunch too
and of course the executioner from Plum Quick

Any opinions or real life experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the PQ executioner, it preformed better than expected, torque and speed. I purchased an IQ harness for the other cart and converted it from excel, it was around $100 new. I'd eliminate the OBC if your going to convert and get a smart charger instead, it would just eliminate another part to deal with but that is my opinion, I still have mine because I had them already. You just assume get the larger controller anyways if you decide to upgrade the motor. the MCORS are about $100 new, so that give you an ideal of what your looking at cost wise, I think you have to get brackets etc if you don't have the MCOR right now, also MCOR 4 would be preferred, so you need to check it out, I have a 2 and a 4 both are good.
just a few thoughts as the more input and opinions you get that better for you to decide.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oh yea nice job on the wrap, did you do it by yourself and was it hard?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #5
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response, I have been doing the body and suspension mods while I researched what to do about the performance upgrades. I got the cart for $650 and it ran like 12mph, but of course my buddy has one that does over 20mph and you know that couldn't be tolerated. LOL. So here I am, I just want the cheapest way to get the speed and torque up to an acceptable level, nothing over the top. I have priced just getting 500amp controller, admoral motor, and solenoid to use with my V glide and OBC and it was $1100 to my door. There is a complete IQ take out I can get for $300 which includes stock everything (MCOR, solenoid,controller 250amp,FNR switch, and all harnesses.

But I still would have to buy motor and controller too for the IQ correct?

That is my dilemma...
Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Yes i started wrap last night with my son (8 years) and ended with 2 other friends and midnight. What a PIA..
Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

The following is just my opinion (and may require you to have an eBay account...but....)

If that was my cart stripped open & easy like that, I'd switch to IQ. You could flog the Regen 2 controller and motor on eBay, as well as the stock IQ controller to recover some funds (assuming they are working). But before replacing your motor - try it with a programmable IQ controller first. You might be surprised. If your not happy when it gets coupled with a hi-performance controller, you could always replace it later.

You'll find a LOT MORE IQ-compatible motors/controllers to choose from - that may be priced better. I'd also check to ensure the MCOR your buying is version 4 - because utimately, you'll need MCOR 4 regardless.

But that's just me (a current Regen owner) talking.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #8
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Understood, didnt realize that about the MCOR4. But the issue I am having is $$$, not access or ease of installing. I already need $650 in batteries. That coupled with controller $550, motor $500-600, solenoid $80. And thats just for using my current setup, now if you add IQ harness, mcor conversion, and anything else it starts to become a hard pill to swallow. Guess I just have to pony up and make a decision. I am still kind of liking the plug and play idea of using my vglide and upgrading motor, controller, and solenoid. Just looking for an easy way out I guess...
Old 01-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm of the understanding that the *new* XCT IQ controller can actually work with the vglide. Check with ScottyB. The XCT400 may be enough grunt to give you what you want with your stock motor - but I'd check with ScottyB to set expectations (and requirements) correctly.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
bcnucs
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I did. The XCT is not compatible with regen 2 carts. I have spoke with Alltrax directly. The DCX500 will work with my current setup and many people have had great results so I am told. I just wanted to hear it from someone directly and see what configuration they are running motor wise before I order away. Pretty crazy that i can not find but one person with a regen 2 that has the dxc500 controller. But its a street cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car