lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My new to me 2015 Express L6 48V gets passed by every electric cart going up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Very good information JohnnieB!

I've been under the weather, so I had not commented yet on this thread. I reprogrammed one of these while on my trip, and I was very disappointed with the performance that we were getting from it. As I investigated, it turned out to be motor mapping related. I had to rewrite the SepEx motor mapping throughout the RPM range in order to get "acceptable" performance and speed. The result was still less than I expected. Once I was able to determine that the motor was being underdriven voltage-wise, the motor map and performance issues made more sense. It's almost like running a 48V motor on 36V with the 48V L6. E-Z-GO made a poor choice of drivelines vs operating voltage with the motor in the 48V L6. It would be better suited for a 60V pack.
Having an under-driven motor explains why it's so slow on inclines.

Sounds like the 48V L6 is a candidate for an aftermarket motor and controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My new to me 2015 Express L6 48V gets passed by every electric cart going up hill

Can you identify the controller model # ? 1268 / 1264
And the motor DV1-4001 or ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #13
Jconlan
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: My new to me 2015 Express L6 48V gets passed by every electric cart going up hill

I have a 2018 ezgo express s6 48v I just bought and took it to our local golf cart place to see about getting it brought up to street legal- it only goes about 15mph and we thought they could reprogram the controller- he tried but said he could get it to increase more than 1mph for some reason. I don’t want to buy a new controller on a new golf cart- the expense is killing me!! What do I do? I read this post and thought- that’s my problem too!!
Jconlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jconlan View Post
I have a 2018 ezgo express s6 48v I just bought and took it to our local golf cart place to see about getting it brought up to street legal- it only goes about 15mph and we thought they could reprogram the controller- he tried but said he could get it to increase more than 1mph for some reason. I don’t want to buy a new controller on a new golf cart- the expense is killing me!! What do I do? I read this post and thought- that’s my problem too!!
You may want to start a new thread on your issue. Thread hijacking is frowned upon here. Start a new thread and I'll try to help you with your issue.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:54 AM   #15
Jconlan
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: My new to me 2015 Express L6 48V gets passed by every electric cart going up hill

Thank you! I know... I read the rules after and started a new thread and apologized. I was kind of lost on here. Thank you so much! I’m not sure where my new thread is now... and I can’t see if anyone replies?? I’ll get the hang of it. Sorry everyone :( should of read the rules first
Old 11-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #16
Jconlan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You may want to start a new thread on your issue. Thread hijacking is frowned upon here. Start a new thread and I'll try to help you with your issue.
I did but misspelled ezgo (ergo) ugh. I tried pm’ing you but your box is full. I’ll try again later! Thank you.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #17
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FYI- Bob’s inbox is always full.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO