lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #21
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo-txt troubleshooting question

thanks for the patience, makes sense for the paperclip idea. still not getting any power to J1 pin 4. that's with connector on the controller and paperclip jammed into back of pin 4 connector.
jmoore89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #22
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

By J4 I mean J4 on the cart wiring harness, which Alltrax calls C4.
It is a four pin molex connector and the wire colors for pins 1 through 4 are
Green, Red, Black and White respectively. The black wire and white wire are for the ITS throttle and the Green and Red wires are for the pedal switch. (In other words, the wire on pin-2 ought to be Red) However, I should have3 asked what the voltage was on Pin-1 when pedal was pressed. Pin-2 is the voltage sent to the pedal switch by the controller and Pin-1 is the switched leg that goes back to the controller.[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------
so big change. I jammed my meter into the back of j4/pin 1 pushed the throttle and the cart took off in forwards!!!! I took my meter out of the pin and the cart still works going forwards. put it in reverse.....no movement and no click of solenoid. When in reverse, J4/pin 1 shows 7.9v then 5.7v when pedal pushed to floor
Old 11-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The high throttle over range error means the ITS Voltage is out of specs.
The voltage measured between the black and white wires in C4 should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V when pedal is on floor.

However, let's get the solenoid clicking first.

Step one is getting voltage on C1 Pin-4.
There should be three wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle. Two 10Ga going to the battery back and a smaller one going across the cart and then into the wiring harness. There should be a in-line spade connection in that wire, what is the voltage measured at that connector?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #24
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The high throttle over range error means the ITS Voltage is out of specs.
The voltage measured between the black and white wires in C4 should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V when pedal is on floor.

However, let's get the solenoid clicking first.

Step one is getting voltage on C1 Pin-4.
There should be three wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle. Two 10Ga going to the battery back and a smaller one going across the cart and then into the wiring harness. There should be a in-line spade connection in that wire, what is the voltage measured at that connector?
36.9v on both sides of connector

did you see my above comment, cart is randomly working now in forwards. jamming my meter into the back of J4/pin 1 did something. Will not work in reverse though.

went back out 30 mins later and it worked still in forward then stopped. now, no movement, no solenoid click and 2 green/3 red flash
Old 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore89 View Post
1. 36.9v on both sides of connector

2. did you see my above comment, cart is randomly working now in forwards. jamming my meter into the back of J4/pin 1 did something. Will not work in reverse though.

3. went back out 30 mins later and it worked still in forward then stopped. now, no movement, no solenoid click and 2 green/3 red flash
1. Is the battery pack voltage 36.9V also. If so, the batteries need to be charged.

That wire connects to C1 Pin-4. Unplug C1 and measure the voltage on Pin-4 of the disconnected plug. In other words, the other end of the wire from the charge receptacle.

2. No, I didn't see it until now. Sounds like your not getting good contact between the plug and jack pins.

Are the plugs fully seating in the jacks? They were tight fits on my XCT and I had to push hard to get them to seat. The tabs should click in place.

3. The error code is for High Throttle Over Range and the ITS voltage given in you previous post is out of range for pedal up.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #26
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

WOW...Thanks for the education....PRICELESS!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #27
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. Is the battery pack voltage 36.9V also. If so, the batteries need to be charged.

That wire connects to C1 Pin-4. Unplug C1 and measure the voltage on Pin-4 of the disconnected plug. In other words, the other end of the wire from the charge receptacle.
3. The error code is for High Throttle Over Range and the ITS voltage given in you previous post is out of range for pedal up.

charged, back to 37.5
its 0. its an orange wire, tracing the wire, it appears to go to the forward switch on the dash
for some reason the light has turned off, back to solid green. I have checked all my connections and they appear to be good
Old 11-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #28
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB,

I put C1 back into the controller. I jammed my meter into the back of c1, pin 4 which is an orange wire (what I believe is the forward switch from the dash). when I do this the cart will work and solenoid clicks! It will go forward and when put into reverse, it goes in reverse. It will work for a few minutes then stops again.

Tried a small screw driver and jammed it into the back of C1/pin 4 and it did the same, worked for a few minutes then stopped. I noticed the error code (2 green, 3 red) also goes away as soon as something jammed into c1/pin4.

Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect you are not counting the pins correctly, on both the molex connectors and the F/R switch.

C1 Pin-4 should have a red/wht wire on it. The orange wire should be on C1 J-2, which comes from the Forward terminal on th F/R switch.

For the molex connectors EZGO uses, when the tab is on the bottom, Pin-1 is the leftmost pin on the top row. (See attached image with pin numbers identified)

For toggle and rocker switches, the selected pole (Terminal) is the one opposite the one on the label. For example, the PDS F/R rocker switch, when FWD on the top portion of the rocker is pressed, Voltage from the common terminal (center) is connected to the bottom terminal (Green wire)

--------------
Try spray cleaning the connector(s) and with a needle, Very carefully tighten the connection springs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J1 shown with tab at bottom.jpg (385.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #30
jmoore89
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1671367]I suspect you are not counting the pins correctly, on both the molex connectors and the F/R switch.

I should have asked this from the start. When you refer to the location of the pins, are you talking about labeling them 1-5 on the molex connector on the controller. Or is it the molex connector on the wiring harness its self?

I am going to guess when identifying them, its the controller side. I have an orange wire in pin 4 but that would be holding the connector in your hand, with the tab on the bottom. However if you identified it from the connector on the controller it would be pin 2. Sorry for the confusion I should have asked that earlier. And the red/white wire would be in pin4 like you stated

I have done nothing new other than poke and prod this thing with a meter. Did gently tap the solenoid a few times. Now the cart decides it wants to work. I have turned it off and on a few times, even let it sit over night and its working this morning. (assuming its fixed) I am hesitant to say it was a loose wire as there were times when I was working on it that it would start working and I had not touched anything. noooo idea on this one
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO