lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Front End Geometry

I have a Jakes LT front end and I am having problems with tire wear. When I contacted Jakes and asked how to adjust I was told they are adjusted at the factory. Obviously the front end is NOT intended to be driven on the street or there would be no preadjustment. Sure they can get it close. If it will never be spot on. With 23” tires and flirting with 30 mph it gets scary at times.

Can someone in here with knowledge of the front ends of these carts and front end alignment geometries provide some info on where I can find what the specs are for the camber primarily? Just want to get this adjusted correctly. I also HATE the fact that Jakes designed the LT front end to where you have to take the spindle assembly off basically just to make an adjustment. Pain in the ***!!
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Front End Geometry

What sort of tire wear? Inside or outside of tire wearing ?
Have you first checked for loose front end components. Second check/adjusted toe?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Front End Geometry

Keep in mind “camber” will only effect tire wear. It’s the amount tires lean in or out in relation to top of tire. No real effect on steering input.

Caster effects how much steering effort is needed to turn the front wheels and also how easily they return to center when steering wheel is released.
Caster not adjustable on golf carts.

Toe is amount front of wheels when viewed from front of cart are pointing in towards center or pointing out from each other when viewed from front wheels straight.

Toe setting has biggest influence on steering input and response.
Toe setting in “ negative toe” steering more stable compared to toe out that makes steering twitchy over senetive.
All carts like cars need some amount of toe in.
Service manual can be found in stickies here for checking front end settings.
Reason asked to check toe alignment has it will effect tire wear and cart stability😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO