lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #21
Jerrygurney37
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 rxv freedom 1206 ac with encoder fault issue

Yes there from fsip.i have ran into a new rebuild being an issue twice now
I sent this one back in today and hopefully have it back and running in a week or so.fingers crossed with the holidays coming so fast.
Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this cart?
I have one but it's pretty bad Quality to say the least.
Jerrygurney37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you search this site for "curtis rxv troubleshooting guide", you will get a guide & a wiring diagram.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #23
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrygurney37 View Post
Yes there from fsip.i have ran into a new rebuild being an issue twice now
I sent this one back in today and hopefully have it back and running in a week or so.fingers crossed with the holidays coming so fast.
Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this cart?
I have one but it's pretty bad Quality to say the least.
Just had a Club Car controller received from reman from FSIP and same thing on QC. The controller did not work and after some testing they created and RMA.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #24
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts4you View Post
Just had a Club Car controller received from reman from FSIP and same thing on QC. The controller did not work and after some testing they created and RMA.
Tony, been using FSIP rebuilds for years and never had a problem until recently. I sure hope they get the QC problem fixed soon. It would sure save a lot of lost hours.. Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #25
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The folks at FSIP got too many cooks in the kitchen--two of them seem to have no clue how to properly rebuild something. It's a gamble we play to find out if anything they sent us lasts or lets out the magic smoke.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:41 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
The folks at FSIP got too many cooks in the kitchen--two of them seem to have no clue how to properly rebuild something. It's a gamble we play to find out if anything they sent us lasts or lets out the magic smoke.
LOL, maybe they are getting controllers with faults they aren't used to having to look for. Still, no excuse, they sure aren't the cheapest controller repair place (I dont use the term rebuilt or remanufactured, because they aren't either of those things). I haven't used any repaired controllers from any place in years (because of this problem in general with repaired controllers). When i did, they seemed to be the best option, hope they dont suck now.

Best bet, skip over the repaired controller plan...

About the "repaired" vs rebuilt/remanufactured thing, if a automotive engine "rebuilder/remanufacturer" took a broken "core engine" in & replaced only the one failed bearing that caused the main issue & sold it as "rebuilt", would you consider it "rebuilt"? Nope! That's what you get with the "rebuilt controllers".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #27
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Oh we would skip it if customers were not so darned cheap. At least with resistor cars it's cheap to fix but tell a customer who EOL'd his RXV controller what the price of a stock brand new one costs, you might have to call an ambulance since he'd/she'd have a coronary.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #28
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
Unplug the encoder, accelerator and brake sensor's.. see if the 5 volts comes back. If yes, plug one at a time back in and see which one pulls it back down.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Phill I verified the 5 volts at 23 pin connector and we have the 5 volts with all sensors connected. However the car does not complete the power up sequence. The solenoid clicks twice when turned on. I had checked the speed sensor cables as we turned the wheels and noticed no change in voltage. Also on Pin # 7 we get .358 volts when car is turned on. I tried to new rotary sensors on both pedals. Only thing I have not changed is the bearing encoder at this point. What or where do you think we should continue testing? Thank you for your help.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #29
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Tony. Pin 7 is ground so your reading is ok. Do you have a handheld to check controller status ?

Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #30
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
Tony. Pin 7 is ground so your reading is ok. Do you have a handheld to check controller status ?

Yes. I do have a Danaher scanner but it does not allow me to go through any of the selections. It freezes. We have tried three different controllers with same result.

Tags
1206 controller, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO