lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
dwaters1
Not Yet Wild

Default curtis 1236 controller codes

Hey y'all. I have a bad boy buggy recoil IS. I'm not sure how familiar you are with these buggies so I will give you a quick run down. It is 72 volts with two Curtis 1236 controllers. One controller (#1) runs the motor for the rear wheel drive and the other (#2) is for the front wheel drive. The issue I'm having is I have different trouble codes come up on the controllers. The #1 controller is flashing codes #15 and #22. from what I have found on line in the manual for these controllers is code #15 is controller severe under temp. code #22 is controller over temp cutback. Controller #2 is flashing codes #17 and #24. Code #17 is severe under voltage and #24 is over voltage cutback. Both sets of codes seem to contradict each other. I know the buggy was previously submerged in a creek and I'm wondering if the controllers are shot. I have gone through and cleaned all of the connections and all of the pins and connectors on the controllers are clean. Sometimes the buggy runs good as if nothing is wrong but other times it only moves a short distance then starts flashing the codes. I have one battery that is week and only shows 6 volts with 4 under load. Thanks for any help you can offer.
dwaters1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
dwaters1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: curtis 1236 controller codes

Just adding an update. I have gone through the complete wiring harness on this buggy and have found no issues. Is it possible that my throttle potentiometer is bad. I can get it to run about half throttle anything past half way it stops and flashes the same codes. I have disassembled it and found it is a sealed unit. Can anyone tell me the best way to test it. Don’t want to cut the wires and it’s hard to hold the probes and test it. It has 6 wires. I believe 2 hot 2 ground and 2 signal wires. I appreciate any help.
dwaters1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO