lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax XCT500 controller and Admiral MOT-B2 upgrade

I just completed a upgrade to my 2002 36 volt EZGO Cart with 22 inch tires. I installed an Admiral MOT-B2 Motor, Alltrax XCT 500 controller, 400 amp solenoid and 2 gauge wiring. To tell the truth I am a little disapointed with the outcome. I do not feel that that more torque if any and I have actually lost a few miles per hour. I was previously running a stock motor with a Alltrax DCX 400 controller. The only weak link I can possibly think of is my US 2200 XC2 batteries will be 7 years old in the spring. The weird thing is they charge up to 38.2 volts and will hold that for days off of charge. The max rpm of the motor is 6000 and set that way in the controller and the max rpm I can get is about 4500 rpm which equates to about 22 mph downhill. I would think the cart she eventually speed up to the 6000 rpm limit. I checked the speed sensor wires and connector and they were fine, I even disabled the speed sensor in the controller settings and noticed no real difference. I am attaching my controller settings and a snapshot of the controller paramaeters wide open going down a small hill. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: doc snapshot.doc (79.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Alltrax controller settings.doc (133.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by chasenfish16; 12-30-2019 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: adding attachments
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 controller and Admiral MOT-B2 upgrade

I just did the same upgrade but with the 400 controller. I went new motor and 48V batteries at the same time. I am only getting 24 mph with 22" tires. A lot of torque off the line. Did you get the Alltrax map for the motor and controller?
Neill7082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:37 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 controller and Admiral MOT-B2 upgrade

Collect a monitor file of some HARD acceleration, Up hill with passengers if available, and the top speed run. Maybe we can see something holding it back?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO