lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
Baymax198
Not Yet Wild

Question 2012 TXT48 advice needed

I’m looking at changing my controller from stock to an alltrax. Does anyone have recommendations on whether I should go with the 300, 400, or 500 amp version?

Additionally, I understand that I would need an upgraded solenoid and possibly battery cables as well if I were to get too crazy with the power.

The txt 48 is for neighborhood joyriding. 6” lift kit and 22” tires. Already have the admiral B2 motor waiting to go on in the garage at the moment. Not looking for insane speed or anything, just better overall performance than an OEM setup.

Thanks in advance!
Baymax198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 TXT48 advice needed

With your tire size & planned motor, definitely go with 500a. It is mandatory to upgrade cables & solenoid for your use (or your controller warranty will be void, and the results wont be the max they could be). Plan on 2g cables to maximize your new parts, 4g cables are only "saving a couple of bucks", and not worth it.

It sounds like a sweet rig, dont "nickle & dime" your parts & lose its max potential/reliability.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Baymax198
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
With your tire size & planned motor, definitely go with 500a. It is mandatory to upgrade cables & solenoid for your use (or your controller warranty will be void, and the results wont be the max they could be). Plan on 2g cables to maximize your new parts, 4g cables are only "saving a couple of bucks", and not worth it.

It sounds like a sweet rig, dont "nickle & dime" your parts & lose its max potential/reliability.
What’s the best solenoid to get for the 400 or 500 amp controller?

Does the 500 provide more reliability than the 400? Or is it just speed and torque? Would the 400 do for a non-hilly neighborhood with a rear seat?

Sorry for all the questions. I know a lot of people are looking for a super high performance cart and really, I just want it to be dependable and get me to and from the pool or restarting. I’m a little worried about adding too much speed with the 6-inch lift.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

500 amp Alltrax includes the fan so difference in price isn't as much as it seems at first glance.
If its' too much you can always turn it down. If the 400 isn't enough your SOL. With Alltrax controllers you can limit speed.

Good info here:https://www.cartsunlimited.net/speed...ion-info-.html
Read about solenoids there also. Large tires and back seat stress the drive train and added weight of riders magnifies it. Making do with minimum capability eventually leads to lack of reliability. Also, non of this will do any good if battery pack has any weakness.

"overkill is underrated" (JohnnieB)

Go big or go home.

2 cents
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I recently installed the 500 altrax from scottyB cartsunlimited and with 23" radials I hit 30 miles per hour on my street using a gps. it would be silly to use anything smaller.

looking forward towards your report of the how the motor controller upgrade goes
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:45 AM   #6
ooxtreme
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
I recently installed the 500 altrax from scottyB cartsunlimited and with 23" radials I hit 30 miles per hour on my street using a gps. it would be silly to use anything smaller.

looking forward towards your report of the how the motor controller upgrade goes

Yup did the same so i can leave my options open. Scotty programmed it for a stock motor for now. I have room to upgrade motor is i need to. Couldn't be happier with how the cart performs!
ooxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #7
Baymax198
Not Yet Wild

Ordered the 500 combo with the solenoids and cables.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
ooxtreme
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You wont be disappointed!
ooxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO