lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #21
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: 10W30 Mobil 1 in the differential

I have a feeling that is you use 10W30, straight 30wt or 80-90wt most wouldn't have any problems with their rear ends running close to stock motors

Now if you used Wesson Corn Oil as suggested by delagem... now that might cause your rear end to have issues... just saying
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #22
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i,m a tried and true amesoil man.......i have been using amesoil in everything i own that needs oil in it and i,ll never go to anything else........even their newer products such as powerfoam is awsome and works just as its meant to...............their 2 cycle pre mix is by far the best on the market and their motor, and tranny oils as well as rear end lubes ,oils are also right at the top of the food chain.........my 97 tahoe with 140,000 miles on it is amesoil complete, engine oil, trans oil, rear end and all grease fittings with their grease......i get awsome gas milage that i won,t post because some people just don,t beleive the truck can get it and i,m tired of proving it............i started using it when all they sold was motor oil over 20 years ago in a 1986 buick regal..............i noticed an immediate difference in the cars preformance and i have never looked back, over the years i have had 0 issues with anything i use their product in but about 10 years ago my boss who also used it like me did have an issue and in the end they stood behind their warranty claims and made my boss whole again, also impressive i thought he was screwed but they paid up.................anyways we all have our favorites and there are a lot of Co,s that make claims but amesoil is everything they say it is and they do in fact stand behind it............................
Hey shadow, my brother uses amesoil in his toyota t-100 and has 250k miles on it. The engine is all original and does not smoke

I have always liked and used Mobil 1
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #23
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I used Amsoil in my dirtbikes when I was a kid, my dad gave it to me and said this is all you can use, noticed my bikes were more responsive after using Amsoil, it is a great product for sure!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my engine is as clean as new internal does not puff a drop of smoke or use a drop of oil........i also use amesoil oil filters......a few bucks more money but works 4 times as long, like i said we all have our favorites and i see no problems with mobile 1 i just don,t use it...........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
qberg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Shadowman...100% AMSOIL guy here too and have been for going on 15 years now. AMSOIL Synchromesh will be going in my diff this winter during the build, but then again like Steve it is just what I have sitting on the shelf.
qberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
I had to get mine from Amazon as well. I looked and looked for 30W RP (and asked) but nobody carried it. I did buy a few qts to get the free supersaver shipping.
I have gotten mine from E-bay and Summit Racing. Advance Auto Parts got it for me last year, but I had to order a case, which was no problem since I was doing my boat.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #27
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Whats the correct fill level, level with bottom of fill plug or just below fill plug? Also, how much oil does it take?
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #28
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've never seen or heard of Ames oil. I guess they don't sell it down here. For me its Mobil 1 Synth for my cars, and Echo for my little two strokers...

All this talk about Differential oil has me thinking what it looks like in my 20 year old CC. Bet a hundred bucks it's never been changed.........

Bet you another hundered that will change by Saturday afternoon.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is up with you guys putting oil in your rear ends?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #30
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Just to answer my own question, and so others who might need to know

Takes about 16 oz of oil

Fill to bottom of top fill plug

Takes 30w oil, I guess this is debatable so I would say use any 30w you have on hand, synthetic or otherwise.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car