lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default power to drive up levee

how much of a incline should i be able to drive up with a 48volt cart running a 36 volt motor. i still have the stock tires on it also. I hunt next to a levee road that is about 400 feet long and 30 feet high. cart runs 16to17 mph on flat groud but going up the levee it slows to maybe 5 mph. after crossing the levee twice on the 4th run up the levee the batteries are dead. is that to much of a incline to drive without upgrading the controller or are my batteries toast? new batteries will be installed soon. Just wondering if that much of a incline is to much for my cart? I will also be upgrading the tires and lift soon thinking a 3 inch lift and 20 inch tire or a 6 inch and 22 inch tires.
robnhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: power to drive up levee

It's a GOLF CART . . not a Humvee . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
lwalk1961
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Could you post a picture of that inclined road. 30 ft. high is HUGE. I was raised next to the Mississippi river in Arkansas and the levees there are maybe 15 ft. high and the roads going up them are maybe 60 ft. on the inclined approach to get on top of the levee. It is a matter of work done to figure the energy used, and lifting the weight of the cart 30 ft. 4 times is a lot of work done.
lwalk1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good point Taller tires will make the cart work harder & the batteries drain faster.

Your cart was engineered to haul 2 men around a country club.... attacking a 30ft levee wall repeatedly will definitely require some upgrades.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

i guess thats another reason to tell the wife i need a humvee i will get a picture of the levee road this weekend hopefully.i called the levee board in town and got those numbers from them. now that is the height of the main levee. the old levee by the river shoot is about 15 high and 60 long up it.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good point Taller tires will make the cart work harder & the batteries drain faster.

Your cart was engineered to haul 2 men around a country club.... attacking a 30ft levee wall repeatedly will definitely require some upgrades.
Yea ..like changing the air in the tires from regular air...to Hi-torque air

.................................................. ....
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
robnhood
Getting Wild
Club Car

here is a pic of the levee. i need to get a pic with a truck or something at the top so u can tell how far it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg levee.jpg (83.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwalk1961 View Post
Could you post a picture of that inclined road. 30 ft. high is HUGE. I was raised next to the Mississippi river in Arkansas and the levees there are maybe 15 ft. high and the roads going up them are maybe 60 ft. on the inclined approach to get on top of the levee. It is a matter of work done to figure the energy used, and lifting the weight of the cart 30 ft. 4 times is a lot of work done.
I went to Lousiana for the first time last summer and there were levees there maybe taller than that on the Old Miss'. Quite a sight to see with all those conveyors going over to the barges.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Do you think they engineered for two regular.....or two fat?
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You didn't mention how old your batteries are or what size cables you have?
Or the actual incline in degrees or grade.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car