lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Grover
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 ds

Thanks for all of the input!

I am heading to the dealer tomorrow morning to see if I can make a deal on the 1995. I verbally agreed to purchase the 1992 and they were to install the back seat (not sure if they got that done Friday).

Hopefully we can get this done. When the salesman told me there were no differences between 1992 and 1995, I dont think he intentionally meant to mislead me. But that statement lead me to lean toward the 1992. I am not sure he knew of the voltage option change between the years.

Like I said earlier, I have not given them any $ yet. I just hope they dont give me much grief for changing my mind especially if they already installed the rear seat.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again!
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The body styles are exactly the same. 1995 was the first year 48v, it was a one year model cart. The throttle input device is no longer available and the OBC is an outdated piece of junk, if it has not been replaced you will do it after your batteries go to crap... and they are the slowest 48v cart I have ever driven. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I've only had a few of them.
The 92 can run circles around the 95 with a 48v upgrade. The 36v motor will run on 48v and deliver 30% more torque and speed. You will have to upgrade the controller& solenoid ( I assume it IS a controller car and not a resistor cart!)

I hope this helps more than confuses
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scotty i don,t agree with all of that..............yes the OBC is the 1st gen for the most part are crap but chances are it has been changed and if not and cart is still running with it i don,t think its any thing to be concerned with......i have changed a ton of them but the few 95,s i still see with the original 0 problems now this is just from my little corner of the world.........and the speed of them i have never noticed one being slower than the average cart they always held with the the pack.............they are easy to work on, theres nothing complicated about them and 95 % of the parts they use can come off a newer cart so the only issue would be the speed system but it uses the same v-glide that a 1992 all the way up to early 2000,s would use or it can be adapted also.......granted a 36 volt cart upgraded to a a 48 volt cart is going to be faster and stronger than a 1995 48 volt cart but to do that is going to cost money right? this is only my opinion but if i,m gonna buy a cart i want a back seat on and lights and i have 2 to choose from a standard 36 volt cart or a standard 48 volt cart that has new batteries vs 5 year old batteries come on you have to go with the 48 volt cart right? .................anyways its a beautiful day here how is in in your part of the country? hope the sun is shining on ya.......i have a whole day of paperwork and taxes to do so when i,m done here ......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
Grover
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys!

I will let u know the result. Heading there when they open tomorrow. The 1995 is at their location 2 hours south but I am headed that direction anyway for work tomorrow.

I don't need a speed demon, but I do need it to handle 3 adults in the from seat and 3 in the back while buzzing around the campground.

My buddy's 48v 95 which I have used for that purpose the last 4 summers has been perfect and never lacked for power.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My 94 model 36v has no problem breaking the 10mph speed limit uphill in Terlingua Texas with 5 adults on board. Im still upgrading to 48v- my opinion is its better to upgrade the 36v cart if its a controller cart. Roughly $1k conversion not counting batteries- I will be adding 2 6volts in the bagwell. I maintain 3 other carts at work, all 48v IQ carts and I can keep up, sort of, with my 36v setup- they beat me on torque/acceleration for the moment. More to come in a couple weeks, when my conversion is complete.
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Grover
Not Yet Wild

Scott:

Is there an easy way to look an see if it is a controller cart and not resistor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The body styles are exactly the same. 1995 was the first year 48v, it was a one year model cart. The throttle input device is no longer available and the OBC is an outdated piece of junk, if it has not been replaced you will do it after your batteries go to crap... and they are the slowest 48v cart I have ever driven. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I've only had a few of them.
The 92 can run circles around the 95 with a 48v upgrade. The 36v motor will run on 48v and deliver 30% more torque and speed. You will have to upgrade the controller& solenoid ( I assume it IS a controller car and not a resistor cart!)

I hope this helps more than confuses
Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #17
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Resisters are coiled wires usually between batteries and motor. You can't miss them. If no coiled wires visible, then it is a controller cart.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
Grover
Not Yet Wild

Well, I did not purchase the 1992. They had not yet begun putting the back seat on. Not sure what to do about the 1995. They also just got a bunch of 2005 (I think) Precidents from a local course. They would sell one to me with 2011 batteries, install a seat and light kit for 3000 plus tax. That is about 1000 more than I want to spend. Is that a fair price?

No for now, I am still cartless.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like my old cart for the simplicity and rugged looks. It is strictly taste, but I preferr the older cart's looks over the precedent as well. Based on prices here that does sound a touch high. If it were also lufted already, the price would be more in line with mine around here.

I'll leave you with the thought that modding out the 92 sure might be fun and rewarding if you are at all inclined.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Grover
Not Yet Wild

I have found a 2002 48v DS at a dealer south of me asking 1695 with new batteries. It would need lights and a seat.

Also I have found a 2007 Precedent with 2010 batteris, also needs lights and rear seat asking 2300.

Other than body styling, are there any difference between the DS and Precedent?

What year did they start adding the IQ system?

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car