lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent Wheel s and Lift Kit

I have a 07 Club Car Precedent and am looking at adding a lift kit and new wheels/tires. This is kind of snowballing here, I started taking things apart to install a rear seat and decided to replace the body, now that the body is replaced, the rear seat installed, along with heavy duty leaf springs, I am thinking I need a lift kit and wheels. Reading through the forums there seems to be a lot of opinions but I would like to hear them...

THe cart is primarily a campground cruiser, there are a few opportuniites for some mild off roading but not much. With that said I am pretty convinced I am getting a A-Arm lift, just not sure if should get Jakes or Allsport? I like the look of the A Arm and that is the reason for going that route, I am quite sure a spindle lift would hold up just fine.

As far wheels and tires, I am thinking 10 inch, primarily becasue of cost, any reasons I should go with 12 inch?

And last but most imprtantly, I am not sure I understand off set, 2 + 5, 3+4, etc... what does it mean???

Is this too many questions for one post?

Thanks!
krit76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
nfrees114
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Wheel s and Lift Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by krit76 View Post
And last but most imprtantly, I am not sure I understand off set, 2 + 5, 3+4, etc... what does it mean???

Is this too many questions for one post?

Thanks!
I'm new to golf carts also, but i do know the offset thing. Those are the offsets of the rims you get. If you get a 7" wide rim with 2 + 5 offset it means 2" of the rim will be inside the hub and 5" will be outside the rim hub, if that makes sense. So if stock rims are 7" with example a 4 + 3 offset, and you went with 2-5 offset you would essentially be widining your cart out 2" per side, so 4" total. Hope that all makes sense and helps.
nfrees114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like the offset question has been answered for you.

As far as the lift I went with the 6 inch Allsport's A-arm lift and I am very pleased with it. I have heard the Jakes lift is a good one as well. So I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

As for the 10" vs 12" wheels.....I went with 12's they fill-up the wheel well and just look cool Other than that probably not much of a difference.

Check some of the site sponsors they have lift kits and tire/wheel combos that are very reasonable in price.

I am not sure the snowballing ever stops.......so good luck!!!
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Allsport has a MUCH better turning radius. I install both at work, and the Allsport turns much better. Definitely a plus at a campground. You can turn around on the skinnier roads without doing a three point turn.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks nfrees, that makes sense. I appreciate the feedback.
rinman - your cart looks great, what size tires are those?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks dj, that is good to know. I think I am leaning toward all sport.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
thanks nfrees, that makes sense. I appreciate the feedback.
rinman - your cart looks great, what size tires are those?
Tires are 23's on 12 inch rims.....thanks for the compliment. Body's in the paint shop now......should get it back in a couple of weeks

Like I said there is always more to do
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got my body from a place in bucyrus ohio, Sweitzer's. I just brought my old body in and bought one of his. He only had a couple of precedent bodies ready to go, but I was lucky and liked one of them. He lots of bodies for differnet styles of carts, all kinds of crazy paint jobs. Would also custom paint it for you. I was impressed with his place. It was worth the 180 mile round trip!

Those 23's look good, looks like about a hundred more bucks than 22's on 10 inch rims on trademark, have to decide if it is worth it, remeber two weeks ago I was just putting on a back seat!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It was worth the 180 mile round trip!

A 180 mile round trip here in West Michigan is a run for groceries . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have seen the work from Sweitzer's and they look really nice! I have a local guy that does it on the side. This is the second one that he has done for me....he does the top and a few extras, but if I were looking I would make the trip too

I know what you mean about just putting a back seat on 2 weeks before. These carts are NEVER done!

Good luck!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car