lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Wheel s and Lift Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlade View Post
The Allsport has a MUCH better turning radius. I install both at work, and the Allsport turns much better. Definitely a plus at a campground. You can turn around on the skinnier roads without doing a three point turn.
I agree 100%. I see your in Columbia. Who do you work for? King of Karts?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I agree 100%. I see your in Columbia. Who do you work for? King of Karts?
Yep! Such a great bunch of guys to work with there. I have been with them for 4 weeks now.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

DJ what size wheels/tires are on your cart, looks sweet! Do you have any clearance issues with them, how about you rinman, any clearance issues with those wheels on your cart. I am worried that if go with 23's I will have issues with the back end rubbing if I have people on the seat.

Thanks for all the input!
krit76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have 23" tires on 10" rims with a 6 inch Allsport lift kit. I haven't run into any clearance issues as of yet. Took her on some pretty cool ATV trails last weekend too. She made it through some nasty stuff. Another cool "advantage" is I can driver her through the double doors on my shop and have the roof clearance for that as well. Guess that is the best of both worlds! lol
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sounds good...

So trademark has a set of 10" storm trooper rims with 22" sahara tires, with a 6" a arm lift kit for $765 w/ free shipping, is that a good deal?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seems to be a pretty good deal. I like those tires. They are a directional tire. Just be sure they send them mounted on the rim the right way....a pair of each mounted one direction and the others reversed.

If it is the Allsport lift kit, I don't remember seeing instructions. The install isn't that bad if you have a good set of tools. Should take you a couple of hours. Be sure to do the rear one side at a time, and it is a bit easier if you start with the drivers side first. When you lift it, do not mount the drivers side cable back to the spring....leave it hanging and see if you have enough length that way. When you do the lift the drivers side cable is too short sometimes. You will know if it is because the brakes will be touchy and grabby after the lift, and sometimes you will get pedal pump. If this happens, you can order a passenger side cable and use it to replace the short drivers side.

Enjoy the upgrade!! It is a satisfying thing once you are finished!!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the advice, I imagine I will have issues with the brake cable, it was a pain in the arse to get hooked back up after just installing the heavy duty leaf springs, although that was more of a bracket alignmnet issue. Good idea with one side at a time on the rear, I did that with the leaf springs but did not think I would be able to with the lift kit. You probably just saved me a big headache, as I have tendency to just start taking things apart...
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #18
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

another question... I already have heavy duty leaf springs on the cart, will they effect the rear height when I install the 6" lift?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

No. Not anything noticeable. They will give you a stiff ride though.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krit76 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I imagine I will have issues with the brake cable, it was a pain in the arse to get hooked back up after just installing the heavy duty leaf springs, although that was more of a bracket alignmnet issue. Good idea with one side at a time on the rear, I did that with the leaf springs but did not think I would be able to with the lift kit. You probably just saved me a big headache, as I have tendency to just start taking things apart...
Don't sweat the brake cable thing. There's a much better and cheaper method that I've just started doing recently. Remove the axles from both sides. All you need is a good pair of 90 degree C-Clip pliers to remove the snap ring. Take off the backing plates for the brakes and flip them upside down and swap them to the other side. This puts your brake slider on the top rather than on the bottom. Re-install axles. Take the original brake cable/leaf spring retaining plate that was U-Bolted to the bottom of the axle tube and place it under the spring after you've done the spring over conversion, but above the All-Sports lift block. The stud in the HD spring is long enough to allow this to work without any modification to the spring. The only thing you'll have to do is to cut the shock mounting hole off of the original plate because it will interfere with the shock once you attempt to bolt it up to the All-Sports plate on top of the spring. This modification will give you perfect alignment for the brake cables and the brake clusters. It's also good for ground clearance issues because it keeps the cables from hanging down so low.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car