lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
damitman
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt build or look for 48 volt

I have had on older Club Car for a year now and its time for new batteries and accesories ( lift kit and tires ) . From reading here in the past I understand that 36v cart do not do well after lift kits and tires. Before I send the money for battries and such should I find a 48v cart to invest in ? I have 2 cheep ones avalable now to purchase that need batteries . One is a 96 yamaha the other is a 06AQ club car missing lights and seat . Both need batteries and alittle work .
My goal is to have a cart with lift kit and larger wheels . We have a few hills here but mostly flat gound and mudd. I would like it to do around 20 to 25 mph .

The cart I currently have is a whiper and toster coil style electronincs . My questions are :

1) Is it better to buy aother cart for around 500.00 or by a 48v kit to upgrade my current cart.

2) Is there a way to keep my current set up and inprove its performance.

3) If another cart is in my future which is a better platform to start with CC or yamaha.

I know this is a lot to thow out there but any help will be apreciated .
damitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt build or look for 38 volt

All 3 carts have their advantages. The old cart can be converted to solid state and it will run circles around the stock 48v series carts.

Not sure but, the 96 Yami may be a series cart? and The 06AQ may be a sepex Precedent with PD plus drive system.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
damitman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36 volt build or look for 48 volt

Thanks, For the quick response . I have look at the kits on your web site. If this is the rought I choose should I up grade to 48v and continue to use the 36v motor .

Like I said, I have to buy batteries already and not sure of the advantages of 48v vs 36v . I want to make sure I dont have to do this twice .

Also what would set up would you recomend using on of your kits.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
bjl
Not Yet Wild

I converted my 36 volt to 48 volt with parts from ScottyB and it has way more torque and speed than it had before. I used my old 36 volt motor. Best thing I have done to this cart.
BJ
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
damitman
Not Yet Wild

Is it a simple bolt in conversion . I am good with tools and not scared of the mechanical side of things . Its the electrical that I worrie about . But working on my current set up has given me confidence to go further .
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
bjl
Not Yet Wild

it was real simple with directions from Scottyb.
bj
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The old Club Car is an all aluminum frame, it's 200 pounds lighter than most other carts. The rear drive axle assembly is tough as nails and if you put 48v to the old 36v motor you will be surprised how well it climbs and gets on down the road.

My conversion and component kits make this something anybody who changes their own oil can do.
It gets really easy if you get the numbered cable set. Scotty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car