lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Speed Code question

I picked up a cheap 2003 IQ cart today off of craigslist. My plan is to clean it up a little and flip it. The cart has the important notice sticker that states the cart it exceeds 15 mph, as well as the sticker that has the controller serial number and the three codes a, b, and c. The sticker serial and the controller serial do match. Does this mean that the cart has code 4 programmed in?
It goes about 17 mph on the flat, and the batteries are marked K 8, meaning November 2008.
They still hold a charge pretty well surprisingly. Since it is going 17 with these batts, I think it would do the 19 mph with brand new batteries...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Rastus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Speed Code question

you may need to program in the 4th speed or if it was a pathway convertion it may have a different controller and you will have to pay for speed three you should be running at 19.2-19.5mph. and the sticker you are refuring to is it on the top as you look up in the mid?
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I just took it for a spin after a full charge and it takes off very quickly, so I think it has to be on code 4.
And yes, that is where the sticker is.
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it is doing 17mph it is set on speed code 4. Thats what my 2003 IQ did on speed code 4.
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I picked up a cheap 2003 IQ cart today off of craigslist. My plan is to clean it up a little and flip it. The cart has the important notice sticker that states the cart it exceeds 15 mph, as well as the sticker that has the controller serial number and the three codes a, b, and c. The sticker serial and the controller serial do match. Does this mean that the cart has code 4 programmed in?
It goes about 17 mph on the flat, and the batteries are marked K 8, meaning November 2008.
They still hold a charge pretty well surprisingly. Since it is going 17 with these batts, I think it would do the 19 mph with brand new batteries...
. . . yes . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . yes . . .
That's what I figured.
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jake, u got any pics? What do you plan on doing to it? What is cheap under 1K?

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yep I got it for $900. I figured it would be an easy clean up and flip. The only problem is that there is a fair amount of corrosion on the battery trays, may have to pull the batts and clean it up.
I do have a question about the charger. It came with a Powerdrive 1 charger, dated May 1998. The cart is a 2003, so I figured it should have a Powerdrive 2 charger like my 2002 DS. Are these carts backwards compatible with the older chargers? I charged it last night with my Powerdrive 2 charger, and it charged great.
I have attached some pics of the cart as well as the two chargers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc1.jpg (173.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc2.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc3.jpg (176.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc4.jpg (154.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jake,
The cart looks clean, I would have poped for $900 also. My batt trays had some issues also. I just added new alum 3/16 flat stock to the bottom tray area. I think I've already got a buyer for mine. I 've got about 35hrs in it.
Have fun...
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Jake,
The cart looks clean, I would have poped for $900 also. My batt trays had some issues also. I just added new alum 3/16 flat stock to the bottom tray area. I think I've already got a buyer for mine. I 've got about 35hrs in it.
Have fun...
Steve
Sweet. Yeah, I may have to add some aluminum to this tray also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car