lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #11
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: how crappy are these batteries?

Here's my opinion, but why would you gamble on saving 65 bucks when you know the Trojans are good.

Josh
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

On the surface, I would not take that gamble ( and I'm a craps player). Their price may be what their product is worth relative to the market. Or they could be lowering their margin to increase their market share. When Club Car switched to Crown it wasn't just about quality.

Just thinking out loud.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #13
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anybody have an opinion on Crown Batteries? There is a place here that quoted 6 cr205 6 volts for $650
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Crown makes good batteries. I'm guessing the model is also the amp-hours, and 205 is a little low for a 6 volt battery. 225 is pretty standard. Pricing varies a lot by region. Shop around and even look at driving to another city/town if the savings are worth it. Some places will special order. I've heard others say they only special order as pallet full.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah my cart came with crown cr-200s :(
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #16
stang99x
Gone Wild

Batteries plus also sells a line branded with their name. I install them in 6v applications all the time. I've never had a problem or a complaint from a customer about them. I have them in my personal cart.

On a side note, the issue of testing batteries for performance is only as relative as the testing conditions. To know the true factors, one test would have to be run with each battery make on the same day by the same tester with the same conditions and equipment. Variances can be seen in testing of anything due to a number of factors, such as equipment and environmental (not to mention human error). For instance, if you take your amped up muscle car to the dyno in the middle of winter, then take it again in the middle of summer, it will inherently be more powerful in winter due to the environment (read: the colder, denser air) These type of questions and often opinionated answers are found all over the net. I'm not disagreeing with anyone, nor trying to start a debacle here. But there are only 4 deep cycle battery manufacturers in the US. The color of the case and sticker on the outside often determine the retail price. Interstate makes a great battery, but they are also one of the most expensive and generally have the same warranty (in the automotive end anyway, the 6 month deep cycle warranty sucks and is a crock) So, what really should be done is someone who is involved in the industry should have each brand represented and tested on the same day by the same tester on the same equipment and the results would then be consistent and true.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Same driver is so true, especially with hills and stop and go driving, for testing.

Accelerating slowly rather than slamming the pedal to the floor, and letting off the pedal, coasting when possible, and coasting to a stop, rather than keeping the pedal to the floor then braking hard, affects amp-hours consumed, even though you're driving the same course.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #18
stang99x
Gone Wild

By the way, after I typed that I was out there looking at my F&R switch and noticed that the Batteries plus line is the Duracell Procell. Cost from Batteries plus here in the North Atlanta area is $514 after tax for sic 6 volts
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm in North Atlanta - Buford - and I got T-105s from Batteries Plus for $105 each a few years back. Easy price to remember, $105 for T-105s.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #20
stang99x
Gone Wild

Yea I didn't notice your location. I'm in Cumming right off 400.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO