lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2023, 04:45 AM   #61
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Fuel Issue...

THANKS very much for that.
Appreciate the help.
Gives me a couple other things to check out now.
AND know more now than what I did before.
rschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2023, 07:49 AM   #62
Britgearhead
Not Yet Wild

Hello rschap1….I’ve read every word of this thread, as my 2002 Club Car has developed the EXACT same issue! It left me stranded coming out of the resort next door, which is a slight uphill drive. It simply quit, as if out of fuel. Trailered it home to the shop, removed and surgically cleaned carb, reinstalled, and ran normal for a couple of days. Carb WAS fairly dirty, with varnish from Ethanol. Removed fuel line from carb and spun it over, no fuel from pump. Disassembled pump, nothing obvious found. Ordered $17 pump from Amazon, no help. Blew thru fuel line to tank, seems clear. Spun engine over with pulse line in my mouth, and it is pulsing a tiny bit.
Cart sits in shop now, with me scratching my head. I will be watching this thread for what fixed yours, and if I find the culprit on mine, I’ll post as well. Cheers!
Britgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 07:56 AM   #63
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

Wish I had a solution for you.
I still have yet to find one myself.
I can run around the yard in short bursts indefinitely.
But, anything longer than 4-5 minutes and it stalls, has to sit a little, then OK for short time again.
So far, just no long trips...
:(
Old 09-11-2023, 03:14 PM   #64
Britgearhead
Not Yet Wild

So check this out RS….went back up to my shop, screwed around with the new one (took it apart) because it seemed to be sucking air. Couldn’t find anything wrong with it, so I reassembled it, STILL sucking air. Put the old one back on because it WASN'T sucking air, sucked on the line coming off the carb until both filters were full, hit the starter, and IT WAS PUMPING! Put seat back on and drove a couple miles…She runs like new!
Just make SURE the fuel lines are clamped, then suck a couple mouthfuls of gas through it and see what happens….it don’t take much pulsing at all, cause mine was barely pulsing.
My tank had LOTS of debris in it, even a couple of sticks😂. If you hook the fuel line up coming from the tank, leave the other one disconnected, and make a “pulsing” action using your mouth on the pulsing input,, that pump should pump (mine did). The new one would not. Make sure you have a place to spit, and suck a couple mouthfuls of fuel from the tank, then hook it up to the carb, and it should run. Both filters are now full of fuel, and all is good. I just hope I’m not jinxing myself by posting this, which usually happens!😂😂
Britgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:23 AM   #65
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

I have tried 4 different pumps now iirc.
At least 3 for sure.
I took apart and went through my first original pump.
That one did have a bad diaphragm.
Then when the first replacement showed same trouble, I took it apart too.
It looked OK.
But when things were still bad, I switched and swapped pieces and parts making a hybrid of the two.
Same result.
I thought maybe I was just getting cheap poor performing pump(s) so I have tried a couple others.
In the garage, running in neutral, all has always seemed good.
Filters never show FULL.
But 1/4 or so.
Engine runs OK like that.
But going around the block, up and down hill, under load for a little bit; filters get real close to looking empty and engine barely runs for a little bit.
I am under the impression that is my trouble.
Sure looks and seems like it.
I have had a little feedback saying how little fuel is needed and filters may look empty when things are really OK.
BUT... by the time it runs good again, filters show more in them.
Going on a few years now since I have had this go on.
I do have a neighbor who works professionally at a cart dealership...one of these days I will try to pick his brain.
Once the cart makes it way to the top of "the list" again.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:16 AM   #66
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Over the last decade or so I've been working on carts full time I've had hundreds of customers come in thinking they needed a fuel pump. I believe I've had 5 in all those years that were actually bad. Most often I find: poorly routed pulse lines (filling with engine oil), hoses cracked / sucking air, debris in the tank plugging the pick up tube, oily gunk plugging the fuel pump breather, stuck needle valve in the carburetor. Those little vacuum / pulse fuel pumps are pretty dependable.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 06:45 AM   #67
rschap1
Not Yet Wild

I have tried looking at most of the mentioned issues on my cart.
Replaced all the lines, filters, and pulled pick up out of tank to make sure everything is clean and clear.
Currently going to take another/closer look at the pulse line and see if anything has found it's way in there.
And I replaced the carb's vent tube coming off the top of the carb.
Last time daughter had it stall out up the street, I think I saw a kink in that.
Maybe one of those things will turn up something and help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car