lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
von.raab
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 engine number

I just bought a Yamaha G1 golf car. I cannot find the serial number.I was able to locate the engine number (S215-014830). Im trying to find out how to decipher the engine number so I know what year my Yamaha G1 is and get a service manual for it.
von.raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 engine number

Look on the driver's side of the round cross-bar behind the rear wheels for the cart serial number.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Now you're posting in the right area!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:51 AM   #4
von.raab
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Look on the driver's side of the round cross-bar behind the rear wheels for the cart serial number.
On 24 October 2014, I purchased my first golf car a Yamaha. After it was delivered that day, my three grandkids where driving it up and down the street - no problems. My son came by later that day and decided to "wash the engine". It hasn't started since then.

I contact the previous owner, all he could tell me about the car was that he thinks that a 1985 G1 and had no other information or the serial number.

For the past couple of weeks I have scoured the web for information (that's how I came across this site). I know where the serial number is supposed to be at, but I can not find it anywhere. One of the post said to look on the engine, that where I found a number (S215-014830), but I don't know how to deceiver it to find out what exactly what year my car and serial numbers are so that I can order a service manual for it.

After reading dozens of post, I just can't get it running. I sprayed it with WD-40 and looked for loose wires. I really need some help. I need to to get a manual for step by step instructions and diagrams. I found a service manual (LIT-11616-G1-83) for $50, but I'm reluctant to buy it because I don't know what I have.

Thanks for any help & information. Ted
von.raab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first golf car-need help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha