lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
paston1
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Pulsar Replacement Help

A friend of mine has asked me to try to sort out his G1. Some how the wiring from the Magneto was burnt up. I have Ohmed the Pulsar and it read 0 Ohms, I assume this cant be good as everything I have read says its 15 Ohms plus or minus 10%. It looks like the factory has obsoleted the pulsar, and the few I have found are a bit expensive in my opinion. Any ideas or am I stuck paying $100 plus for this thing?
paston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Pulsar Replacement Help

I've got one sitting here on my desk, but I can't PM you or you me till you have more posts.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
paston1
Not Yet Wild

BigBlock, Is it a good used one? also any idea what would have caused it to self destruct? all the wires were toast.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Actually it's new , still in the package. As I recall, the wires would burn up because of a wires getting scraped and shorting to the frame. Check all the (4) leads that the pulsar and source coils plug into, just behind the engine, where they run across the frame.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
paston1
Not Yet Wild

Id say that is what happened then. It was toast all along the frame. This time it will be run in plastic flex conduit to alleviate that problem. What would you need out of that Pulsar? $
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha